Toddlers in Dining Room

Hi All,

My grandson will be with us on Dream in May. He is nearly two and I would welcome some advice on whether or not he would be allowed into the dining room. As there are four of us plus him, we would ask for a table for four so other passengers would not be disturbed by him. I know that we will be mostly using the buffet restaurant, but it might be nice occasionally to visit the dining room.

Any comments would be welcomed.

Hi All,

My grandson will be with us on Dream in May. He is nearly two and I would welcome some advice on whether or not he would be allowed into the dining room. As there are four of us plus him, we would ask for a table for four so other passengers would not be disturbed by him. I know that we will be mostly using the buffet restaurant, but it might be nice occasionally to visit the dining room.

Any comments would be welcomed.

I can't see you having any problems in bringing your toddler into the Orion Restaurant - the staff are usually great with children. Just ask at the main door that you want a table for just the four of you and they should accommodate you straight away. Once you've done it once, the waiters usually recognise you when you go back in so will remember and place you on your own table again.

Don't worry about going into the 'posh' restaurant. We have sat at a big round table with a couple who had a 9 month old baby and she was fussed over by the passengers and crew who don't often get the opportunity to talk to children these days. I'm not sure if I would take the chance with my little grandson though who from an early age had a great aim when lobbing his dinner at his grandad, lol. Got him every time.:D

Jan

If your grandson will be happy to sit in a high chair and eat or play with some toys, then take him. If he will get fed up and cry, throw things and as a result none of you will enjoy the experience, then it's probably best not to.

Carol x

We've taken our grandchildren on a few Thomson cruises and found the restaurant staff to be wonderful with all the children. You will not have any problems at all. They have plenty of high-chairs and will go out of there way to ensure that the young ones get the food they need. nothing was too much trouble.

Many thanks for all your comments. I think we may try it once and see how it goes. If it doesnt work out we will stick to the buffet restaurant and let my daughter and her husband have a quiet dinner in the dining room whilst Nan and grandad babysits lol...

We Took our 16 month old Granddaughter last year and she was good as gold as the waiters fussed over her all dinner..they couldn't do enough and we sat in the main restaurant all holiday, even got the waiters to sing happy Birthday to her even though it wasnt her birthday..:D made our holiday.

P1000828.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing your photograph with us of your gorgeous grand-daughter. She certainly did not look out of place there and was obviously enjoying herself.

My daughter now feels more at ease at going into the dining room

Many thanks for all your comments. I think we may try it once and see how it goes. If it doesnt work out we will stick to the buffet restaurant and let my daughter and her husband have a quiet dinner in the dining room whilst Nan and grandad babysits lol...

The really naughty children get put in irons and are given their own oar ;)

Hi, we have sailed with our children, now, 12 and 7, since our eldest was 18 months. We found the Thomson staff to be fantastic at accommodating us as a family, they always sat us at a table where our son could see everything! I am sure your daughter will appreciate a "night out" with hubby without the worry of baby, but rest assured when you dine altogether you will have a fantastic time!

Suzy

Archived