Anyone tried Moderno on the Jewel?

ute_fan

I was interested to see that there's a new kind of restaurant on board the Jewel since last time we sailed. That's what happens when you take a 2 1/2 year break!

My DH and I rarely eat at the specialty restaurants and just stick to the MDR -- but I really enjoy the Brazilian steakhouse we have here in Utah, and might be tempted to try Moderno. Any reviews? Is it worth the $$?

We just got back from the cruise on the Jewel 3/30/12....We did the Moderno on my birthday and it was the highlight of the cruise....They bring everything on the menu to you plus an awesome salad bar. There were so many meats brought to the table and they give you sides as well....We were so full but very happy!....BTW that night they started servingn us from the salad bar as the norovirus had started to get around the ship....we were lucky not to get the virus! Another opinion...Mama's Italian was ok but nothing great and Teppanyki was very good as well

Agree with all the reviews so far -- we thoroughly enjoyed Moderno on the Jewel. We noticed that some of the staff in Moderno had come from the Dawn (we dined in Moderno on the Dawn end of September/beginning of October). They told us they came to the Jewel to train everyone there. It was wonderful, but beware that great salad bar and save room for the meats that the staff come around with!

Hi :)

We are still on the Jewel and have eaten there twice. The salad bar is outstanding. The meat is delicious but generally comes well done. If you prefer less than medium, they will try and try again till they get it right. Very nice experience ending with grilled cinnamon-sugar coated pineapple. :)

We ate there the day after it opened on March 22. The food is outstanding and again for us also, one of the highlights of the cruise.

They had two kinds of sausage, Spanish and Portuguese, filet mignon, garlic beef, chicken wrapped with bacon and lamb chops, plus he salad bar. An amazing amount of food. Yu simply flipped over a red and green colored card to indicate whether you were done or not, otherwise they just kept coming around with meat. All served by chefs dressed as gauchos.

Well worth $20. Just make sure you don't eat much the day you go. Nt easy on a cruise ship.

You'll love it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have a restaurant here in Utah called Rodizio Grill that's very similar to Moderno. It's one of my families' favorite restaurants, and judging from the comments, we're definitely going to have to try it while we're on the Jewel.

Sounds like the kind of place we want to eat early in the week -- before we hit that saturation point of too much food!

Archived