Montego Bay

donoiv

I just posted this on the Carnival page in response to someone's question... thought I would add it here as well..

I just got back this Sunday. We had a fantastic time. We planned on doing a day at Iberostar in Montego Bay... but it was the last stop and I must have been feeling cheap... cause I didn't want to drop another 150 for a beach day. We ended up using the Hop on Hop off shuttle... went to Rose Hall Shops first (first stop...somewhat like a Jamaican Outlet Mall... nice place). Spent about 45 min shopping and then got back on the shuttle and went to Doctors Cave Beach. My expectations were low for both Jamaica and the beach... I was really surprised at how much I liked it. It ended up being our favorite stop. The beach was beautiful... lots of people, but didn't feel crowded. A few guys selling starfish and bracelets...but security kept trying to run them off the beach... nice guys actually... not pushy at all and many people bought their bracelets. We ate a late lunch at Margaritaville... my six year old loved the slide and the water toys... he swims like a fish, so he was able to do it on his own while we watched from the deck.

All in all, I loved Jamaica... no need to waste a ton of money on the beach resorts.. I typically do (love Nachi Cocom in Cozumel), but Doctors Cave Beach - at 5 bucks a head a 5 bucks a chair - is a great deal for a great beach.

Glad you enjoyed Jamaica..it's one of my favorite places for land vacations. If you think MoBay is nice you need to visit Negril!! Paradise.

My first visit to Jamaica was Negril; an all inclusive. WOW...never have seen such a beautiful beach.

Archived