Latest issue of Currents.

suseg

Terry: The articles that are there aren't bad...just seems a bit light (on articles) does that make sense? I generally take it to a therapy session (or should I say when I go to meet with the "Spanish Inquisition" since that's what traction resembles) and one issue can get me through....books are difficult since I need reading glasses (enough drama)....in any case it just seemed half full.

Gosh I agree......Host Graham and myself were quoted in a story about cruisers on page 18 and 19 and we knew it would be this issue......They also had me send several pics of all of us on a cruise together to publish but that wasn't included either......and then on top of it (as you said) it seems so empty.:confused:

I am looking forward to my Gold sign and sail card for next cruise.

Kinda upset because I thought I had great pricing for my group cruise..only to find out that is what Carnival was charging anyways...pooh!! (according to the past cruiser discount in the currents)

I've cruised within the last two years but have stopped getting Currents. I missed the last two issues and now probably this one.

I've called Carnival twice about this. Hopefully they'll get it straight.

Somebody fill me in since I haven't gotten the Currents in a while. What is the deal with the Sail and Sign card? If you have up to 9 cruises, you get a gold card?? That is too cool!

I agree, however, that Carnival needs to do something a little more substantial than that to thank their loyal guests. But I will enjoy what I can get.

When you sail the first time your sign & Sail card will be the blue one. 2-9 will get a gold card- over 10 will be a platinum one. THe cards do nothing specialbut show the crew people that are taking your card taht you are a repeat cruiser

I, too wish carnival would do special for repeat cruisers.. ANYTHING at all would be nice.. lol

I've cruised within the last two years but have stopped getting Currents. I missed the last two issues and now probably this one.

I've called Carnival twice about this. Hopefully they'll get it straight.

Hey Phyllis........I was reading the other day on their site that it's changed from getting currents two years after sailing to ONE year....sooooo if you let a year go by you miss out.:(

Yep.......I'll be getting platinum next sailing in Oct but not impressed....HOWEVER......I AM impressed with my diamond status on RCI that I'll be using this August on Rhapsody!;)

I haven't gotten my "Currents" yet...did the special cards start recently? My S&S card on the Conquest last fall was the regular kind. Our invitations to the repeaters' party did come with lapel pins, though, which I thought was nice.

I was very disappointed in the Currents issue. I look forward to it coming and I even keep them and read them when I need a "mini" vacation. this one could go in the trash.....could care less about the sail and sign card. so what if its my 1st or 100th cruise unless it means Im getting something for free or discounted big deal... I do like the past guest cruises, we went on one 2yrs ago and got a great deal along with what I thought was a really nice exclusive party. Kudos to Carnival for that.

Hey Phyllis........I was reading the other day on their site that it's changed from getting currents two years after sailing to ONE year....sooooo if you let a year go by you miss out.:(

That's odd. My mother who sailed in March 03 still has gotten hers. I sailed in July of 03 and missed the winter and spring issues.

I think it all had to do with the mag in my hubby's name. Russell hasn't cruised with Carnival since July, '01.

We did "cruise" last year but it was on a motorized raft with only 17 people on the Colorado River in the Grand Canyon. We may not have had the entertainment but we certainly ate and drank as well as any Carnival cruise. One of the outfitters was a chef. Awesome food! Cute guy too.

That's odd. My mother who sailed in March 03 still has gotten hers. I sailed in July of 03 and missed the winter and spring issues.

I think it all had to do with the mag in my hubby's name. Russell hasn't cruised with Carnival since July, '01.

We did "cruise" last year but it was on a motorized raft with only 17 people on the Colorado River in the Grand Canyon. We may not have had the entertainment but we certainly ate and drank as well as any Carnival cruise. One of the outfitters was a chef. Awesome food! Cute guy too.

My husband is dying to do a Colorado Rafting trip...I keep telling him next year...but then I get a really good deal from Carnival and..wellllllll....you know!

I just finished my 3rd cruise with Carnival April 10th and had the same old card! Boo. I am doing a mini cruise Sept 2-5 on the Paradise maybe then I'll see Gold. LOL!

Happy Cruising,

Donna

Elation 2002

Ecstasy 2003

Spirit 2005

Paradise 2005

Conquest 2006

My upcoming sailing on the Glory will actually be my 10th with Carnival, but as far as they are concerned I only have 6 sailings. The first 4 were before Carnival started keeping track of past sailings. :mad: Not that all of this really matters anyway, since they don't do a darned thing for past guests, other than the party and some supposed discounts.

Christine

Archived