Infant/small toddler on excursion- lap?

cruzinlisa

I had not really planned on taking any excursions, just getting off the boat and walking around with a stroller near the pier area, but now I am wondering if that is what I want to do in Jamaica. I see that most excursions have infants free, but I assume that means on a lap. From what I have heard the buses don't have seatbelts anyway, but we mostly have traveled in vans and I did not pay attention to the seatbelt situation.

Have any of you taken a baby/toddler on an excursion and if so, did you use a carseat or just hold him/her? DD is 15 months but quite small for her age.

I am still debating on whether to even to take the car seat out of the car. We are riding in a shuttle from our hotel to the port. She can still fit (barely) in her infant carrier so if I bring a carseat, I will probably bring that one and the stroller that goes with the travel system. However, if we opt not to lug her carseat, I will bring the umbrella stroller and graduate her to the bigger convertible carseat for the trip down there. Oh decisions, decisions.

Two comments: my kids brought their carseats for the little ones, 5 3, 1 but ended up not using them. They just held them in their laps. Most of the vehicles we used had to way to put the car seat in anyway.

Second, on the excursions where you take a little one, you don't have to pay (at least on Princess under 2 or 3 you don't) we still had to tell them we were bringing the kids. They wanted a head count. The kids had to be held, unless of course there was an empty seat.

Archived