Movies on the big screen

swsandy

On the Magic.....most days during the afternoon, there was a couple of concerts on. Then in the evening, 2 or 3 movies would play. One would be rated G or PG (family movies) and another one later in the night would may be rated PG13

I would reccomend watching at least part of a movie....sit down with ice cream or pizza, its really nice and NOT AT ALL crowded...

When I was on the Dream last August, in the late afternoon/ early evening they played family friendly movies like Rango and Gnomeo and Juliet. They also broadcast some concerts: Never Say Never (Justin Bieber concert movie), Michael Jackson, and Mariah Carey. Late evening (8 & 10 pm) were more PG 13 fare like Just Go with it (comedy with Jen Aniston and Adam Sandler), I am Number 4 and The Green Hornet.

Before cruising on the Liberty this past February I couldn't see myself watching a movie on a sailing. I wandered up one evening and they were showing the movie about the U.S. winning the gold medal against Russia in the olympics. There must have been about 150 folks viewing the movie, free hot popcorn was a nice touch, and at the end of the movie there was thunderous applause and I can say it was thoroughly enjoyed by all, including myself!

I would rather jump overboard than watch those.

WHAT??? Not a Justin Beaver fan? For shame! :eek::p:p

This is why I head to the Serenity deck, so I can listen to my Led Zeppelin in peace without the the pre-teen squealing. Of course, in the Stone Age, I was young once too so I can't be too judgmental. Unless i'm telling the damn kids to get off my lawn. :p:p:p

I had never been on a ship with a big screen until last summer, and it actually turned out to be one of my favorite moments on the ship. My little guy and I watched Tangled under the stars. It was quite magical. :D

I do know now that they charge for the popcorn at the pool bar where the movies play. It's cheap...around 2.00 or so, but come on Carnival....really?

On another note, my daughter was wondering if they take requests? She is wanting them to play her favorite movie on her 17th birthday onboard. I told her that I doubted that..........Bahahahahaha!

I do know now that they charge for the popcorn at the pool bar where the movies play. It's cheap...around 2.00 or so, but come on Carnival....really?

On another note, my daughter was wondering if they take requests? She is wanting them to play her favorite movie on her 17th birthday onboard. I told her that I doubted that..........Bahahahahaha!

Nope, they don't take requests because then they would have to try and deal with everybody else who is celebrating something onboard. On a port day they were playing a movie with the Jonas brothers,concert, and I asked if they could put something else on. The folks remaining onboard were mature, but they said everything was vetted and chosen by corporate and could not be changed.

I was on the liberty this past february and the popcorn on the lido was totally free. that was a really nice touch i thought, free popcorn and movies at sea

This was our favorite thing on the triumph. The popcorn is good, and it was nice and relaxing to watch the movie. It was "land of the lost" so a Pg-13 movie. Wish they had a screen on every ship.

They are not first run movies. When we sailed in August, it was Rango, Hop, and I am number 4. In the cabin they showed You Again a lot. They had Tina Turner concert on the big screen too. If you go to Kroooz cams (the Dream is down right now) you can see the Lido deck and you can see what they are playing. Hopefully they will have it fixed soon. They also give popcorn for free, no butter. Hope that helps!

Archived