What Karaoke Song Did You Sing?

Cheeky

are you suppose to be good?? or can you just go up to have fun, do they give you the words???

LOL :D If you were supposed to be good, there would usually be complete silence in that room! "Pin dropping" comes to mind.

Not only do they give you the words; they're on a TV monitor with a ball bouncing over the word you're supposed to be singing.

This is your time to SHINE !!! (and embarrass your husband ;) ) When else will someone give you a mic and ask you to sing in front of an audience? Don't be scared. Karaoke people ALWAYS clap (no matter how bad you are), because they're applauding you for joining in and for your effort. I've never seen ANYBODY booed. And if you're having a little trouble, sometimes the crowd helps you out a bit by singing along. I FEEL THE LOVE! :D

I say "go for it". Have a drink first if need be ~ liquid courage never hurts.

The worse part though (I'm warning you) is when somebody does an OUTSTANDING job ~ and they call you next.

My rule of thumb is: If I've done one song very well, I won't get up to do another. "Leave on a high note", I say. And I always make sure to have a drink waiting for me at the table, for when I'm done and still shaking. No matter how good you are, you've always got an adrenaline rush. That's why folks are so addicted.

It's be a long two weeks since we sailed on the Celebration!:( But they had Karaoke every night from 9 to 12 in the Endless Summer lounge. Plenty of time for everyone to get up and THEY WERE PACKED!!!

I only sang two nights. My songs were:

Ready to Run - Dixie Chicks

Redneck Woman - Gretchen Wilson

Hit me with your best shot - Pat Benetar

Stay - Lisa Loeb

Had a few more songs picked out, but never got the opportunity. (Big 'n Rich, Janis Joplin, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Michell'e) I'm glad to know you can bring your own CDs. Next time I will, because some of the ones I wanted weren't available!

:Sigh: I'm ready to go back!

Thank goodness I read this thread....I thought Karaoke was just for fun, but now I realize there are many people who actually "judge" the people up there.........:confused:

See Cheeky's post a couple boxes up! It is all about fun and you will have a GREAT time!:D

I realize there are many people who actually "judge" the people up there.........:confused:

Darn tootin! It's great fun to verbally abuse those who make William Hung sound good.

On our first cruise I allowed my husband to do a first ever duet with me- I sing all the time but he cant carry a tune with a basket.. we sang The beat goes on by Sonny & Cher !!!!!! NOW he thinks he is a singer and is practicing Kid Rock and Sheryl Crowe for our Aug cruise !!!!!!!!!

Had a few more songs picked out, but never got the opportunity. (Big 'n Rich, Janis Joplin, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Michell'e)

Ooooohh, No More Lies is my karaoke jam! Now that is one song I know I can sing! :D LOL

Happy sailing,

T.

I have used my own cds on all 12 Carnival cruises and it has never been a problem. The Karaoke hosts have always been extremely careful with them.

I have also used karaoke cds as accompaniment for the talent show....as long as you remember that you have to know your lyrics...because they won't show up anywhere.

If anyone is sailing on the Sensation and Max (karaoke host) is still there...you are in for a treat! He is wonderful. We partied over Thanksgiving. I had a cold and I lost my voice just before the cruise, but still managed to growl out "Strokin' during suicide karaoke.

For anyone who had Terrence as Karaoke Host on the Holiday (before being promoted to Social Host)....I got an email from him today that he and Melinda are officially engaged!!! He is currently on vacation in his Aussie homeland and he popped the question....and (of course) she said yes!!!

I always go to karaoke but never sing, but if i did i would sing a Jimmy Buffett song "Why Don't we get Drunk and @##$%" i do not know if i should put the last word in since this might be a family threadbut it does rhyme with CREW!!

on the Sensation of any K H I have enjoyed. He announced that karaoke was for singers 16 and older and that any age could sit there and listen as long as parents realize that this was "adult" karaoke and he was not responsible for the content of the lyrics.

So MacDaddy....you can go and have a great time singing anything you want to!!!

Ooooohh, No More Lies is my karaoke jam! Now that is one song I know I can sing! :D LOL

Happy sailing,

T.

LOL!!!:D I was psyched to see it as an option. I will definitely add it to my list of faves for Karaoke nights!

Sxy, you sound like a fun girl!

[it's always way fun and everyone drowns one another out ;) I have done karaoke solo before, somehow after many drinks, people think they sound like Aretha... I am one of those, LOL!

I really do like to watch the Karioke(sp?) .... but I always feel sorry for those people that are having a hard time (of which I would be one of those..... you can bet on that). I always find myself getting embarrassed for them and feeling bad for them .... ruins my relaxing and just singing just as bad along with everyone else......LOL! On our next cruise in July, my hubby has threatened and pronounced that he was going to get right up there with everybody and sing some Elvis....he's serious about it! Guess I will need some fortification as he pronounced to me that "I just HAVE to go with him". Sigh..... Break out the rum!!!!! I know....I know....I need to get rid of my inhibitions.

LOL!!!:D I was psyched to see it as an option. I will definitely add it to my list of faves for Karaoke nights!

Sxy, you sound like a fun girl!

I am, honey, I am, thanks! :p

You should join us all on the Valor Vampires cruise in Oct! There's still time!! We could be singing Michel'le all night long!!! LOL!

Happy sailing,

T.

I just reread my last post.....folks, please, don't think that I am judging people in my post.....I just meant that I genuinely feel sad for people who are putting out their most sincere and best effort to a totally silent audience. No way can I get up there.....too chicken and NOT a good singer either. BUT....y'all may change my outlook on this....just belt down a couple of "courages" and sing right in there with them.

Of course, I stuck in the following into the request list while on the Spirit:

Name: Blu

Request: Blu's Choice

Blu was the Karaoke host, and I think it's kinda decent to let the karaoke host sing and choose the song.

I just meant that I genuinely feel sad for people who are putting out their most sincere and best effort to a totally silent audience. No way can I get up there.....too chicken and NOT a good singer either. BUT....y'all may change my outlook on this....just belt down a couple of "courages" and sing right in there with them.

Hey Judy, Don't worry. Your post didn't come off sounding judgemental at all. I know what you mean. I feel the same way watching figure skating when they fall. But keep in mind, you probably feel worse for the karaoke singers than they do! LOL ~ They're having a blast!

You've GOT to try it. And good for your husband. Let him go freak-wild! The adrenaline rush is amazing. Plus, now that you're reminded about it, you can pick a song way ahead of time and practice before your

BIG DEBUT!

:D Cheeky

Archived