3 day St. Petersburg and 1 day Berlin to share

Nana6110

My sister and I will be traveling together and are looking for up to 8 people to share a 3 day St. Petersburg private tour and another in Berlin. I have some itineraries and company names if anyone is interested.

We take been taking trips together about once a year without spouses and love to see as much as we can in a day. We have been on many cruises and also enjoy Tauck Tours. :)

My sister and I will be traveling together and are looking for up to 8 people to share a 3 day St. Petersburg private tour and another in Berlin. I have some itineraries and company names if anyone is interested.

We take been taking trips together about once a year without spouses and love to see as much as we can in a day. We have been on many cruises and also enjoy Tauck Tours. :)

I have no idea what sailing you are on and what dates are involved but you need to go to your roll call to find fellow cruisers to join you.

Go to Oceania Roll Calls, find the roll calls for your ship and then look for the roll call for your specific cruise.

I suspect you cannot, Nana. Perhaps if you write to one of the moderators, but I myself am not sure how to do that.

You've made it clear you want to delete it ... hopefully it will just disappear as people don't post to it! But it wouldn't be a terrible idea to at least indicate your sail date and ship so that if someone else does log in, they can figure out how to get to the roll call.

I will again voice my personal objection to trying to do Berlin in one day from a Baltic port. It's such a big city with so much to see, and getting there and back takes the better part of the day. I know that most people disagree with me ... but having spent a week in Berlin on my first visit, I cannot imagine trying to see anything in just a few hours.

Just MY opinion!

Mura

I

I will again voice my personal objection to trying to do Berlin in one day from a Baltic port. It's such a big city with so much to see, and getting there and back takes the better part of the day. I know that most people disagree with me ... but having spent a week in Berlin on my first visit, I cannot imagine trying to see anything in just a few hours.

just MY opinion!

Mura

You are so right.:D Four or five hours in Berlin is like having a lick of someone else's ice cream.

Laraine,

Believe it or not I do understand where you are coming from.

I first encountered this kind of decision on that May 2001 Renaissance cruise: should we try to see the Normandy beaches from Le Havre? We decided no, because it was similar driving time as you probably had going to Berlin on your cruise. We ended up spending the "Le Havre" day in Honfleur, which was wonderful and the following year we did a self-drive trip through Normandy. We were much happier doing the trip this way.

We also tend to prefer seeing a place in depth without feeling rushed. So we would rather do a separate trip to a destination when we're talking about one day to a city with a long drive.

But some people don't think they'll have another chance, and when that is the situation they should certainly go.

Some people on our May '01 cruise went to Paris from Le Havre. I had the same argument. But again, if you don't think you'll travel on your own to Paris, or if you think you just won't have another opportunity to see Paris, it IS better than nothing.

But all you get is a taste of the place ... and major cities do require more time. It can be a nice introduction, however.

We all travel to our individual tastes and inclinations. And no way is "wrong".

Orchestrapal, please pass the ice cream!

Mura

Before I started to cruise more frequently I would always spend at least a week in a major city so some of these "one day in a port" adventures are frustrating. We were really lucky to have had an amazing guide in Berlin. I am craving more.

I still yearn for those in depth visits which is why we are spending a week each in London and Paris and 5 nights in Prague this August. I have been to London and Paris many times but my husband has not. I cannot imagine doing any of these cities as a one or two day stop on a cruise.

But as we get older, the idea of not having to unpack is more and more appealing -- and that takes me back to the ship.

Laraine,

Believe it or not I do understand where you are coming from.

I first encountered this kind of decision on that May 2001 Renaissance cruise: should we try to see the Normandy beaches from Le Havre? We decided no, because it was similar driving time as you probably had going to Berlin on your cruise. We ended up spending the "Le Havre" day in Honfleur, which was wonderful and the following year we did a self-drive trip through Normandy. We were much happier doing the trip this way.

We also tend to prefer seeing a place in depth without feeling rushed. So we would rather do a separate trip to a destination when we're talking about one day to a city with a long drive.

But some people don't think they'll have another chance, and when that is the situation they should certainly go.

Some people on our May '01 cruise went to Paris from Le Havre. I had the same argument. But again, if you don't think you'll travel on your own to Paris, or if you think you just won't have another opportunity to see Paris, it IS better than nothing.

Orchestrapal, please pass the ice cream!

Mura

t_Ice_Cream002.gif

ENJOY!

Archived