Price Matching?

doberlady

Does NCL price match? I found a potential cruise for my daughter and I on a travel site. I emailed it to my PCC and asked her if she can price it out through NCL. She wrote back.

NCL pricing is 400 more. Have a nice day.

I would rather book directly but not for more money.

here is the deal... if it is with a travel partner of NCL the prices will usually be a little lower or the same but might come with extra perks. This is because a travel site or agency will book a group cruise (8 cabins or more). Once they do that they get a free voyage fare thus collectively the price might be a little lower. Also if they book a group cruise they get amanity points for things like OBC, soda packages, etc.

The reason why I book directly with NCL is because I get double point with my NCL Mastercard and because of their payment plan with amazing cruise consultants. For example, where you may have a year to pay off your cruise through NCL... Expedia requires immediate payment.

If none of this is a factor, I would book with the partners.

Does NCL price match? I found a potential cruise for my daughter and I on a travel site. I emailed it to my PCC and asked her if she can price it out through NCL. She wrote back.

I would rather book directly but not for more money.

I asked the same for our upcoming cruise and my PCC did the reservation and applied Freestyle Cruise Reward (previously FCC) for the deposit and gave me insturctions for how to transfer the reservation to the TA that had lower price.

Ultimately we decided that we wouldn't transfer the reservation just because of the price and stayed with NCL directly.

I asked the same for our upcoming cruise and my PCC did the reservation and applied Freestyle Cruise Reward (previously FCC) for the deposit and gave me insturctions for how to transfer the reservation to the TA that had lower price.

Ultimately we decided that we wouldn't transfer the reservation just because of the price and stayed with NCL directly.

Sometimes there are factors more important than price depending on the price gap. We were very "needy" before our last cruise as it was the first one we had ever been on. My wife also likes to constantly check to make sure we always had the best deal. So we had a lot of questions between when we booked and when we sailed. We also wanted to make monthly payments instead of a deposit and then a final payment.

The TA we booked with acted like it was a bother when we would contact her (mostly via email) and when we wanted to make monthly payments (at least initially). I would have preferred to just make these payments through the NCL website, but NCL disables that when you go with a TA. Also, the TA we went with insisted she had to book a new reservation and couldn't transfer it from NCL.

However, we went with her because she had created her own group booking and it was getting us about $400/person off the cruise fare because of it. We also got some OBC, wine, and cakes out of the deal.

Was it worth the savings? Some days I say yes, some days I say no.

Usually when you see things like this the travel site is doing some kind of group booking and passing along the savings to you. NCL won't price match these because it's not an equivalent fare.

Usually when you see things like this the travel site is doing some kind of group booking and passing along the savings to you. NCL won't price match these because it's not an equivalent fare.

This. NCL doesn't allow discounting below their own published fares so when you see a lower rate somewhere, it's usually a group or the TA is offering an incentive out of their own commission. As DevCruise said, these are not really equivalent fares so NCL won't match.

Archived