Bringing my 2yr old to Bermuda- questions!

Lau92080

Anyone who has traveled with little ones to bermuda, I need ur help!

When we travel around, via taxi or bus do I need a car seat?

As far as a stroller what would you recommend??

What beaches are suitable for toddlers, are there any that children aren't allowed on to?

Any other advice anyone can share would be greatly appreciated!!

THANK YOU!!!

What beaches are suitable for toddlers, are there any that children aren't allowed on to?

THANK YOU!!!

we have taken the grand kids twice to bermuda. no car seats are needed and I am sure they are not allowed on the buses. they are not required for taxi's`either. the speed limit on the island is 25 and even though people speed its rarely over 40.

we took them to horse shoe bay. It has a sheltered side to the right has lifeguards and a changing area. I also recommend clearwater and tobacco bay for small kids but these are in St george and harder to reach. take a fold up umbrella stroller as these are the only ones permitted on the bus.

take cabs or the ferry where possible.

I suggest you save your money and use public transportation instead of taxis. The buses are fine! During our visit to Bermuda with children ages 4 and 6, we used only buses and ferries (and our feet!), no taxis.

I suggest you save your money and use public transportation instead of taxis. The buses are fine! During our visit to Bermuda with children ages 4 and 6, we used only buses and ferries (and our feet!), no taxis.

everyone is entitled to their opinions but I am on vacation and it really doesn't save you that much money if you are buy passes or occassionaly using a cab. The day passes cost $12(20 for two day pass/28 for a three day pass) each adult. A cab from the dockyards to Horseshoe is about $30. Its a long down hill walk from where the bus stops to where the beach is(about 500 meters about 1/4 mile). there is a $2 pp private mini-van taking people back up. The cab drops off and picks up at the bottom of the hill and there are always cabs waiting at the beach). Unless you are going to go to the beach every day its not that much more to take a cab. Its also less expensive if you are not going to ride a lot to get a set of bus tickets for $30 for 15=which can be shared among more than one person..but they are not as easy to get as bus passes. Most 2 year olds travel with more stuff than can easily be gotten on the bus. You MUST change into dry clothes before getting on the bus and most cab drivers from the beach are more accommodating.

As I said reasonable people can disagree on this but in my opinion for a toddler it may be worth it to take taxi...or hassle the bus if you would like. When I go without the kids I take the bus and I have bus tickets left over from previous trips(they never expire) and can be used on the ferries.

Opinions certainly can differ greatly! :D However, I assure you, we save a whole bunch of money by skipping the taxis.

By way of illustration: on our trip 2 years ago, on our first day we went to St. George, walked to Tobacco Bay, walked from there to Fort St. Catherine, and then walked back to St. George to pick up the ferry again. The second day we visited Hamilton, BAMZ, and the caves. The third day we took the bus to Horseshoe Bay (walked down the hill and back up) and visited the dockyard attractions before sailaway.

As an active family with much experience traveling with infants on up through elementary age kids, we didn't find it at all difficult to use the buses and ferries. Changing into dry clothing before getting on a bus is not, in my humble opinion, any kind of hardship. We'd have spent a lot more money if we'd relied on taxis, not to mention the hassle of trying to arrange to be picked up after each of our stops. Hiring someone to be at our beck and call all day certainly wasn't in the budget!

We took our 2yo GD last May and I agree that taking the bus was simple! She actually enjoyed it as it was a novelty to her. Get a cheap umbrella stroller that you can fold up quickly and easily. We took her to the Martime Museum in the Dockyard to see the Dolphins. There is also a playground just outside the museum by the entrance to Snorkel Park. Snorkel Park has a beach for $5 pp. Not the best but no transportation needed! We went to Horsehoe Bay and the walk downhill was easily managed with the umbrella stroller. There is a guy with a van that takes you back up the hill for $2 pp. Don't remember if he charged for DGD. A visit to BAMZ was the highlight and is easily reached by taking the ferry to Hamilton (she loved the boat ride) and then the bus to BAMZ. It rained one morning so we took the ferry back to Hamilton and walked to BUEI. She loved it! There is a children's room and a simulated shark cage adventure that appeals to little ones! There is lots to do for kids at Harbor Night. Tobacco Bay is great for kids for swimming as it is protected and shallow. Have heard Shelly Bay is good for kids too but have never been there. Enjoy your cruise!:)

THANK YOU!!!

We only used the bus and ferry and did not need a carseat.

We had to bring an umbrella stroller as that is all that is allowed on the buses.

The beach we went to was great for kids!

Kids are free on the transit so that was really nice!

Archived