Penthouse Suites

SFfranks

Does anyone have any experience in a S class Penthouse suite and the perks of the alcohol? I read on one thread that you get two bottles of alcohol and they replenish it when consumed and i've also read that you get two and thats it?

We've been in a Penthouse suite 5 times now... but never even consumed our first 2 bottles...lol That said.... a lot of times I think it may depend on one's demeanor a bit. In the Penthouse they really go out of their way to please you and do things for you to make your cruise more enjoyable. But if one is rude, snobbish or obnoxious...I would guess that maybe not so much. I read on the boards one time of a woman complaining that they didn't give her a pen. She was very upset by it. She never said if she asked for one...but her complaint was that there was not one there for her use. We've always had them, so maybe it was just overlooked in her suite that time. She sounded like a very demanding sort.

So I'm thinking they may have a 2 bottle rule... but allow for more when it seems appropriate. Just my take.

~Denise

We had the penthouse on our last cruise in February and there were 2 bottles of alcohol in the butlers pantry. We did not consue as we basically drink wine. I would assume that, depending on th elength of the cruise, they would probably replinish. We will be back in the penthouse at the end of May, so I can ask.

We were on a B2B on Solstice, in 1616, the PH, and they did not replenish the bottle of rum once we used it---but we did get two new bottle on the second cruise. You can exchange the bottles for something you prefer--we exchanged two bottles for two bottles of wine. We had friends come by and they helped drink the rum, because there is no way we could have finished two big bottles in a week.

We were on a B2B on Solstice, in 1616, the PH, and they did not replenish the bottle of rum once we used it---but we did get two new bottle on the second cruise. You can exchange the bottles for something you prefer--we exchanged two bottles for two bottles of wine. We had friends come by and they helped drink the rum, because there is no way we could have finished two big bottles in a week.

We are in 1616 on Silhouette coming up; can't wait! How did you enjoy the cabin?

For all those who have been in penthouse have you purchased a beverage package as well? I am concerned with the two bottles of alcohol and we may not need one as we will probably have elite status as well and have the coctail parties to go to. Thoughts?

In the past, the suite bar set-up was at the discretion of the Hotel Director. The higher the suite, the more likely it was that you received it although I have read no reports of the PH not received the alcohol.

Recently [when they launched their "new" website, I believe], Celebrity changed the suite description to say that the Penthouse and Royal Suites [only] received ONE bottle of spirits of your choice in the suite. I am still waiting for someone to report back on their actual experience since this change on the website. Unless there are definitive reports on Cruise Critic, we intend waiting until we board and see what we get beofre purchasing any bar set-up. We managed to duplicate in a Royal Suite on Constellation a few years back!

Sue

We will be sailing in a few weeks on the Infinity in a PH, so we will see if they still give the two bottles of spirits or the ONE that is now posted on the web site.

Hoping that you report back here!

Enjoy your cruise.

Sue

My wife and I were on the Infinity last September in the Penthouse suite and received two bottles, one vodka and one scotch which was traded for rum. We then transfered to the Millennium Royal suite and again received two bottles.

Archived