Bingo

a game is 20 bucks- you get three cards.

during the week they change the name of the BINGO to something.

Gringo Bingo-- is usually a few games for the same price using the same cards.

The cards are the kind that you push in the number and fold it over. (do not fold, spindle or mutilate the card because doing so will cause that card to be invalid.

they spend more time selling the cards then the actual games

Just got off the Freedom. A single card is $10.00 or 3 cards for $20.00. They started a new program. It starts at a $400 prize of you get 5 numbers (not using the free space) in 10 calls. If no one wins, the prize is increased by $400 for the next session. You then clear the card and play a normal round for varying prizes. They promise that by the last day of the cruise, the prize will be distributed.

On our cruise, the prize got to $5000 and a coverall game was played. Two lucky cruisers split the prize.

This is the truth!! We sailed the Ecstasy last year, and the bingo was our biggest disappointment. We felt that it was a huge rip-off. The line to sell the cards moved VERY slowly. After waiting interminably to purchase a card, my husband finally made it back to our seats. It took so long to sell the cards, in fact, that there was little time left for the game. There was another event scheduled in that location after the bingo, and the bingo card sale was taking so long, they ran out of time.

The result was that the numbers were called very fast. It was like some sort of speed bingo! A winner was announced most promptly, and the game was ended in minutes.

Now, I haven't played bingo in a long time. Probably I was mistaken -- but for some reason, I thought our $20 purchase might give us more than 3 minutes of entertainment. I thought maybe we would play more than one game on that card, or something. I was really disgusted with the very long wait to purchase an expensive card, and then the immediacy of the game. An analogy occurs to me of hooking up with a really hot guy and then.... :(

Well, I better not go there.

Let's just say, don't bother playing bingo. :eek:

during the week they change the name of the BINGO to something.

Gringo Bingo-- is usually a few games for the same price using the same cards.

The cards are the kind that you push in the number and fold it over. (do not fold, spindle or mutilate the card because doing so will cause that card to be invalid.

Just got off the Freedom. A single card is $10.00 or 3 cards for $20.00. They started a new program. It starts at a $400 prize of you get 5 numbers (not using the free space) in 10 calls. If no one wins, the prize is increased by $400 for the next session. You then clear the card and play a normal round for varying prizes. They promise that by the last day of the cruise, the prize will be distributed.

On our cruise, the prize got to $5000 and a coverall game was played. Two lucky cruisers split the prize.

guess the price is not fleetwide. Our last two cruises.. Pride and Legend all cards were 20 bucks. THey did away with the single card for 10.00

Power ball...Before the game begins, they will pull a ball. If you bingo on that number, you win designated jackpot. ($500 or more, depending on sales).

Progressive...Before the game begins, there will be a specific number you have bingo on. For example, if the number is 48, you have to bingo on or before the 48th number. If not, you will be playing for a consilation prize, (much samller).

Yes, bingo is a rip off, but I still play. My advise is to wait to play midweek. The jackpots get larger closer to the end of the cruise. All of the games at the beginning of the week start off at $50. If you play 5 games, the max is between $100 - $150. Not worth spending your money, but they always get a crowd.

At each session, they sell raffle tickets to win a free cruise. The cost is $20 and they sell scratch off tickets. Now this is really a waste of money :D

Good luck is you decide to play.

Archived