Port Everglades Terminal VIP Boarding

We have never cruised from the Ft. Lauderdale port before and was wondering what the set-up for VIP boarding looks like and is there a separate line and waiting area for VIP? Any information would be helpful. I have looked throught the archives for an answer, but nothing that specifically addresses these questions that is very recent.

Thanks in advance.:)

We have never cruised from the Ft. Lauderdale port before and was wondering what the set-up for VIP boarding looks like and is there a separate line and waiting area for VIP? Any information would be helpful. I have looked throught the archives for an answer, but nothing that specifically addresses these questions that is very recent.

Thanks in advance.:)

The most amazing port we have been to. (twice) OASIS AND ALLURE. Yes...there is a separate waiting section for VIP'S. We are all held in this ENORMOUS holding area (after check in). EVERYONE has a seat.

The most amazing port we have been to. (twice) OASIS AND ALLURE. Yes...there is a separate waiting section for VIP'S. We are all held in this ENORMOUS holding area (after check in). EVERYONE has a seat.

Are the same terminals used for both Carnival and Royal and are setups and procedures the same for both?

Are the same terminals used for both Carnival and Royal and are setups and procedures the same for both?

I don't know about RCL and for Carnival it may depend on which terminal they are using that day (21, 19 or some other). Our only VIP embarkation at Everglades was terminal 21 and they did have a separate line for handicap/VIP (although it was still pretty chaotic) that entered first and went up the escalator to the check-in area. We waited about 10 minutes for an available agent then another 10-15 minutes after check-in before being allowed to board (ahead of other passengers). There wasn't a lot of seating available but since we didn't wait long, it didn't matter to us.

I don't know about RCL and for Carnival it may depend on which terminal they are using that day (21, 19 or some other). Our only VIP embarkation at Everglades was terminal 21 and they did have a separate line for handicap/VIP (although it was still pretty chaotic) that entered first and went up the escalator to the check-in area. We waited about 10 minutes for an available agent then another 10-15 minutes after check-in before being allowed to board (ahead of other passengers). There wasn't a lot of seating available but since we didn't wait long, it didn't matter to us.

The terminal we used for the Freedom didn't even have an escalator (boy that was one steep gangplank). The terminal was pretty much just a large warehouse with check-in counters (separate for VIP) on one side.

The terminal we used for the Freedom didn't even have an escalator (boy that was one steep gangplank). The terminal was pretty much just a large warehouse with check-in counters (separate for VIP) on one side.

Hi Don, that sounds like it might have been terminal 19 - at least that's where the Freedom appears to be parking itself over the last month or so.

Hi Don, that sounds like it might have been terminal 19 - at least that's where the Freedom appears to be parking itself over the last month or so.

Looking at a port map, yes it was 19. There was a huge Princess ship at 21.

Thanks joepeka. Doesn't sound very VIPish (if that's even a word). Doesn't sound like the other ports but that gives me some idea what to expect. I do enjoy having a nice waiting area to sit though...

Archived