Just booked spring break ('13) cruise and price jumped as soon as I got done

Aelsantokie

Gorgeous family! We're booked on the same cruise - our first time as a whole family. I know a lot of people are fixated on looking for price drops, but given that it's spring break (for us) I'm just happy to get a "good deal" up front! We've got two rooms booked - one has held the same and the other has increased already.

It's a year away so it's a little quiet, but come join the roll call!! :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1573945

We're cruising 4-1-13 on the Fantasy...only cruise close by during the few days following our wedding. We were waiting 2 days on school schedules for spring break to be posted (fiance is a teacher) and while we were waiting the early saver price jumped from $379 to $569!! I guess it's a spring break thing? I almost died...but the past guest rate was only $429 pp, so we had to book that. I hated to do that, I really prefer Early Saver. I just couldn't believe it jumped that high...the Carnival PVP said she thought there must be a mistake in the system because Early Saver is almost always cheaper. Oh well!

We're cruising 4-1-13 on the Fantasy...only cruise close by during the few days following our wedding. We were waiting 2 days on school schedules for spring break to be posted (fiance is a teacher) and while we were waiting the early saver price jumped from $379 to $569!! I almost died...but the past guest rate was only $429 pp, so we had to book that. I hated to do that, I really prefer Early Saver. I just couldn't believe it jumped that high...the Carnival PVP said she thought there must be a mistake in the system because Early Saver is almost always cheaper. Oh well!

Why didn't you book the early saver and then fill out the ES form to match the PG rate?

• 4 weeks later...

You could have done it that way but... look at the bright side...if you had and the past guest rate jumped before you booked it, you would have been paying the higher ES rate.

Just keep watching, if the ES rate goes below the PG rate, and it is still within the time frame to book ES, you can switch to ES.

We booked 3 cabins on NCL Gem for a 9-day Easter/Spring Break cruise on 03/22/13 and the price jumped $500 on each cabin after I finalized the reservations.

We all must've taken the last cabins marked at a low price!

I've never seen so much fluctuation on a cruise other than this particular sailing! (Freedom 8 day 3/23/13)!! Glad I booked when I did!:):)

I think the reason for the price jump I believe that is Easter week, I'm sure it will go up even more as it gets closer to the sailing date.

Gary

Archived