Aqua spa vs C1?

reds9

We are sailing the solsticized Summit on June 17 to Bermuda booked in our favorite aft balcony. Since solsticizing there are now Aqua Class cabins in between C2 and C1 class cabins. Our aft cabin is C1. Will we have the same amenities as Aqua Class? Anyone know?

Unfortunately no. Not even the ability to eat in Blu. Only people booked in Aqua Class get Aqua Class benefits.

That's confusing because C1 is the next level above aqua class.

That's confusing because C1 is the next level above aqua class.

Whats confusing? Suite class is higher class than both C1 and Aqua and even they dont get the Aqua amenity! :rolleyes:

Blu is just for Aqua Class. We have been in the Penthouse before on several cruises and had to get special permission to eat in Blu. All of the Suites are above CC and Aqua Class, but only Aqua Class gets to eat in Blu. That is how the new Aqua Class level was designed on the S Class ships

The term Concierge is confusing because in hotels it's the best rooms and you have an actual Concierge to assist you. On the ship it is suites, Aqua Class, concierge and so on. There is no Concierge on the ship it's just the name given to the room. We loved our C1 cabin on the Eclipse and enjoyed the extras. We were lucky enough to get an Aqua class cabin for the same price on our upcoming Silhouette cruise and are looking forward to the extra perks that come with this cabin, especially Blu.

The term Concierge is confusing because in hotels it's the best rooms and you have an actual Concierge to assist you. On the ship it is suites, Aqua Class, concierge and so on. There is no Concierge on the ship it's just the name given to the room. We loved our C1 cabin on the Eclipse and enjoyed the extras. We were lucky enough to get an Aqua class cabin for the same price on our upcoming Silhouette cruise and are looking forward to the extra perks that come with this cabin, especially Blu.

As a relative newbie to X, I recently discovered that they do in fact now offer conierge services of sorts to C,A and S guests(dont recall it on my first X cruise about 4years ago).

I just this week got a phone call from X and the caller introduced himself as a member of Celebrity's Experience Coordination team (CEC) who make themselves available to Consierge, Aqua and Suite guests about 45 days prior to embarkation to address any pre boarding concerns and to book on board and off board activities, if desired. I had one other interaction with a CEC team member late this week and although she couldnt confirm my desired reservation she did promise to call me back next week with an update. Assuming that she does call back, I would classify the service as a reasonably effective virtual consierge.....jus sayin'....:)

There actually is a concierge on board the ship. He/she is usually set up in various locations depending on ship. On my S class trips, they were set up near the Art Gallery. This is not the CC host/hostess but an actual concierge. They have very limited hours and are available to everyone one on the ship so the Concierge benefit for suites, AQ and Concierge is really a joke since they service the entire ship.

The concierge service that avid posted about is something completely different.

Here's the press release which has mention of both on board services and pre cruise services that Avid posted about.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/aboutceleb/tabLanding.do?pagename=footer_pages_about_celebrity#footer_pages_about_celebrity_press_room_tab/aboutceleb/pressRoomDetails.do%3Fevent_date=2010-06-30&event_type=press_release&sequence_code=A&pageNumber=5

Archived