Botanical Gardens

Susan-M

We are planning on visiting the Botanical Gardens next week and just wondered if anyone knows what the status of the gardens is now. They were badly damaged in the hurricane of Sept. '03 and from what I've read, it affected them well into 2004. Hope that they are back on track now.

Swizzle & SunnyMary: Thanks for the info on the Botanical Gardens. I am looking forward to that.

How much time should I plan on spending there? I know this is very subjective but just wanted to get an idea. For me, I will probably take even more time because I love to take flower pictures. It is so relaxing.

Claudia

Hi, patsicruiser. Here's the answer to your question on the location of the Botanical Gardens. It is located at:

169 South Road

Paget DV (Paget Parish)

Go to my Bermuda Map, - http://members.cox.net/rridgely/info/BermudaMapGatefold.pdf

it's in Adobe PDF format. Once you open it it is in Grid J-9. It's really pretty close to Hamilton. Check out my website, if you haven't already:) . There's lots of info there. Also check the Bermuda Tourism Office - http://www.bermudatourism.com/default.asp?page=about_facts.html . They have lots of info and brochures all about Bermuda. ENJOY!

Where are the Botanical Gardens? Do you have to schedule an excursion to go there? Going to Bermuda in June.

There is good info on this site: http://www.bermuda-online.org/gardens.htm - just scroll down to "Bermuda Botanical Gardens" & it gives a good description, details on location (1 mile from Hamilton), bus routes, hours, etc.

I called the Bermuda Tourism Office and was advised that there are free guided tours on Tues & Wed at 10:30. No admission fee to the gardens.

• 2 weeks later...

We visited the gardens last week & really enjoyed it. Took the #7 Bus from Hamilton (about a 10 min. ride, got off at the hospital stop & then walked about 200 feet to the entrance of the gardens.) You can also reach it by walking through the hospital parking lot and heading towards the right.

The gardens are quite expansive, with sweeping views of the ocean. We took the guided tour which meets at the visitors centre parking lot at 10:30 on Tues. & Wed. Afterwards, had a quick tour of Camden (the Premier's 'Official Residence', which is on the grounds. He only uses this house for entertaining.)

A nice way to spend a couple of hours and all was free (admission to the gardens, Camden, and the guided tour.) Be sure to take sunscreen and a hat with you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived