Taxes/Fees with NCL?

coachk34

I have looked at a couple cruises through NCL that had great prices until you added on the taxes/fees. They were 3 times as much on the taxes/fees as other lines. Why is that?

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;5;24;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Majesty Of The Seas May 24th!!

I think the taxes are set by the government and the ports not by the cruiseline. For our Alaska cruise the taxes and fees are about $200 per person. I don't know how that compares to what you are finding with your cruise searching.

Luanne

Norwegian Star June 20,2004

CoachK

Are you comparing cruises from different lines that have the same ports?

some of my cruising photos:

http://community.webshots.com/user/m1bisson

A bad day cruising is better than a good day at work.

The worst cruise I ever took was pretty damned good.

Platinum with RCI, a couple cruises with NCL and 1 with CCL

Clock remove but cruise in Dec

I also monitor the HAL board. The same question except concerning HAL was posted there some time ago.

One problem is finding out what the taxes/fees are for a cruise as you are searching. Almost everyone lists the port charges but not many are up front with taxes. Taxes are always a lot higher if you book air.

The taxes are government taxes, The other charge which used to be called Port charges is now non commissionable charge(so they don't pay commmission on that amount to the TA) and includes expendables like FUEL amoung other things....Most TA include this amount("port charges" in their ads but say taxes are extra. Even if you get free air there are considerable government fees added...when you look at the NCL website and they show the amount they tend to show everything but they do list these seperately.

Proud charter member of the PPS-Passport Pusher Society

NCL Crown to Bermuda this time I hope

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;6;27;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Oceania Athens to Venice- Something new

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;09;26;23;00;00&timezone=GMT+0200

smeyer418@yahoo.com

Celebrity, NCL, Overnight Ferry, hydrofoil between countries, car ferries and river cruise and of course the Staten Island Ferry

Archived