Secret Door on Victory??

Ms_Pammy

Hello All

A while back I remember reading about a secret door on the victory that takes you to ... well I dont remember where it takes you! :confused: Could someone please tell me more about this?

Also anyone know if Orange and Apple juice are the only ones available on the ship, or do they have other types?

Thanks so Much

I believe you are referring to the doors that lead out to the little known decks at the bow of the ship. To find these doors go all the way forward on Deck 5, 6, or 8 (?) on Destiny class vessels (Destiny, Triumph, Victory). The doors are located on either side of the hallway at the very end. They can be difficult to open while underway because of the wind, so be careful. These doors lead to an open deck that is little used. It is a great place to be when approaching or leaving port because of the view and a nice place to take photos.

The doors just open to small areas very nice and quiet, like poster said great place to take pictures, public areas so no problem from crew, slao tomato juice is available but for some reason you have to ask for it and waitstaff will bring it to you.

I believe you are referring to the doors that lead out to the little known decks at the bow of the ship. To find these doors go all the way forward on Deck 5, 6, or 8 (?) on Destiny class vessels (Destiny, Triumph, Victory). The doors are located on either side of the hallway at the very end. They can be difficult to open while underway because of the wind, so be careful. These doors lead to an open deck that is little used. It is a great place to be when approaching or leaving port because of the view and a nice place to take photos.

It always makes me laugh that we call these "secret doors" because they are mentioned all over the CC boards!! HOWEVER....I went out there usually 2 times a day (once during daylight hours and once at night) on each of my cruises and very rarely did I bump into people! I was almost always alone.

I have not sailed on Victory but have been on the Triumph 2 times and Destiny as well. Walk all the way forward on deck 7 or 6. I always used Deck 7 - Empress Deck because my cabin was there on each of these sailings. At the end of the hall there is a door on the side with a sign that cautions you about opening it due to wind. When you open that door there is a little area and then another door that opens to the outer deck.

WARNING....If you do go out at night PLEASE stay close to the wall/railing (hugging the ship not the end of the deck) of the ship as you step out on deck 7 as there is a stairway that leads down to deck 6. At night there are no lights out here and your eyes take a moment to adjust.

Another little aside note....it can be very windy and the bridge is right there behind you if you are on Deck 7 and wearing a skirt/dress it is possible that it will blow up in the breeze and the guys on the bridge get a free show ;) (yup....it happens....I just smiled and waved....lol)

It always makes me laugh that we call these "secret doors" because they are mentioned all over the CC boards!!

a piece of information that is only known by one person or a few people and should not be told to others:

from

http://www.freesearch.co.uk/dictionary/secret

Not frequented; secluded: wandered about the secret byways of Paris.

from

http://www.bartleby.com/61/59/S0205900.html

Derf, It is okay to be out on these decks, however, the decks below a certain level (I believe deck 4 and lower) are reserved for crew members only. There are stairways connecting these decks and the stairway between the open decks for the pax and those below for the crew are posted with a chain and sign stating that they are for crew only. We saw many crew members out on the lower decks as we approached port, as I said earlier a great place to take photos.

When my DH and I were on Victory, we used these "secret decks" quite a lot. There was even a small group there for sailaway from Jamaica.

We were out there one night after dark and surprised 2 crew memebers having a little "private time" on deck 7.;)

Archived