Parking in Cape Canaveral at Radisson

tony007

I'm considering leaving my vehicle at the Radisson lot in Cape Canaveral (4.95 per day).

Appreciate if anyone can provide feedback on this lot.

Is it safe place to leave your car?

Do we self park anywhere in the lot or directed to be "packed" into tight spots?

We have a full size truck and I wonder if these are super small spots where I need a can opener to get back in the truck.

I guess my other option, a little more expensive (still cheaper then parking at the pier) is to rent a car both ways.

We have stayed there and left our vehicle 4 times. They have ample parking for vehicles and all spots are normal size lined spots like you find anywhere. You get on the shuttle in front of the hotel, and upon return just tell the driver where your vehicle is and they will take you right to it.

We have parked for 4 nights at Raddisons. They have big lot, front and all around the resort with ample parking. And its safe as long as you lock the car and don't leave any expensive items in the vehicle.On the return the shuttle will drop you at your car or you can drop off at the front with your luggage and just walk to your car and bring it to the front to load up your luggage.Its a best way to park if you have your own vehicle.

It's a great place to park. I'd fully recommend it.

Tips:

1a. If you are coming from the North (you pass the port first) go to the 2nd Radisson entrance. Right before the pizza place

1b. If you are coming from the South (you won't have seen the port) go to the 1st Radisson entrance. Just after the pizza place.

2. Pull under the carport directly in front of you and drop off your bags (I guess this wouldn't work if you were alone?? maybe they'd watch them for you?) and get your hanging tag. DO NOT FORGET YOUR HANGING TAG OR YOU WILL BE LIKE ME AND HAVE TO WALK ALL THE WAY BACK TO YOUR CAR TO HANG IT UP.

3. Pull through the carport and hang an immediate left. You have to do this, but the signage is poor and I saw like 5 cars trying to find a way to go straight and they couldn't because this is hotel guest parking and you have to have a room key.

4. Drive around the inflatable building on your right-hand side. Turn right at the first opportunity and you MIGHT catch a sign at this point. If not, don't worry.

5. Park as far to the right as you can. This will make your walk shorter. Looking back to where you came, you will see the inflatable building in front of you. Cross the 10' or so patch of grass on the left side (facing it) and cut through the aforementioned hotel guest only lot. You will see the carport you dropped your family and bags off at just beyond a covered walkway. It is about 500 feet depending on where you park.

6. Ride shuttle.

7. Take cruise.

8. Ride shuttle back. They will tell you where to find it upon your return.

9. Get dropped off at your car.

10. Tip your drivers!

Hang your tag!

Lock your car!

Doublecheck you have everything!

Put anything left behind and visible in the trunk!

They have a beautiful and ample swimming area with loungers and a cascading waterfall and a poolside bar.

Best is to go and stay the day before your cruise and enjoy their poolside the previous afternoon to get you in the mood for cruising :D

Then you can park in the guest only area which is more secure and comfortable then the non-guest parking area :p

Archived