Summit #8031....

SicilianPrincess

Hi, we are cruising in June on Summit. It's only our 2nd cruise in 25 yrs of marriage....with that being said....we booked this room and got a decent price. It looks like we are in the front of the ship....I have not heard anyone talk about being in the front of the ship. Is it okay? I get that the front and the back are more susceptable to movement than in the middle. Does the front of the ship get a bad "rap" so to speak? Just a little concerned. We only go on one vacation a year and are always so excited to even be fortunate enough to go on one. Someone here put my mind to rest....please. Thank you.

Hi,

I almost did not answer because I really do not want to be a downer. But the Bermuda route can be rough, especially off Hatteras. Can you possibly move more aft? I always feel the motion more forward than aft. If the motion is really going to bother you, I would try to change cabins. Otherwise, be sure to bring seasick meds. I am not someone with motion sickness issues, but I really do not like the motion far forward.

Hopefully, someone else will tell you "no worries" But I just want you to be prepared. Hoping you will have calm seas all the way.

Anne

Hi, we are cruising in June on Summit. It's only our 2nd cruise in 25 yrs of marriage....with that being said....we booked this room and got a decent price. It looks like we are in the front of the ship....I have not heard anyone talk about being in the front of the ship. Is it okay? I get that the front and the back are more susceptable to movement than in the middle. Does the front of the ship get a bad "rap" so to speak? Just a little concerned. We only go on one vacation a year and are always so excited to even be fortunate enough to go on one. Someone here put my mind to rest....please. Thank you.

...okay, I can't give you an answer just yet because I've never cruised this far forward myself. However, we are booked in 7021 for May 20th, which is one deck lower and approximately in the same area. I'm a little leery myself, having mobility problems and being a little farther from the elevator than I prefer. Having said that, I do make it my business to adjust to anything that comes my way!!!

You will be fine, just go with an open mind and remember to bring your Bonine!!

We've been in the front many times. I don't think there is all that much difference. Just my opinion, but anyplace on the ship will feel the waves if its rough. I wouldn't worry about it. You will feel movement, but usually wont cause sickness. Take bonine pills with you just in case. I always take them with me, but never have to use them, and I have hit some pretty rough seas. Don't worry, these are large ships and they are so much fun, you wont have time to get sick!

We are going to have Bonine with us. I hope the seas will be calm for us and at least we are at port for 3 days if the seas don't cooperate. We are traveling in June so maybe they won't be too bad. Thank you all for taking the time to post a reply.

Happy Sails :)

We were on Summit a few years ago going from Bermuda to Bayonne in April and I have to tell you it was very, very rough. On the higher decks, forward you could not stand without holding onto something. I think you'll be good on Deck 8 but forward will feel the movement a bit more than midship. Good luck. Hopefully the water will be like a lake the days at sea!

Archived