Hotels in Jacksonville

Goofy63

Hi, My family and I are planning on driving to Jacksonville Friday night and then driving the rest of the way to port canaveral on Sat morning for boarding on the glory(5/7), does anyone know of good cheap hotels off of 95 that would be ideal to stay at?

There are not many hotels on the north side of Jacksonville, unless you stay around the airport, which is located north of the city. If you stay north of Jacksonville or in Jacksonville, you will have to deal with traffic the next morning.

I would suggest that you drive through Jacksonville and stay just south of the city. There are several hotels located at the SR16 exit about 15 miles south of Jacksonville. I think this is Exit 318. This area has a large outlet mall on each side of I-95 and has several restaurants including a Cracker Barrel. This exit is also <10 minutes from St. Augustine if you want to get some good food and do something touristy that evening.

I think that there is a Ramada Limited, a Holiday Inn Express, Best Western, and an EconoLodge at this exit.

stop at the Welcome Center just outside of Savanah and pick up the travel guide with the hotel coupons. We drive to Florida every summer from Massachusetts and use those books to decide where to stay. They have great maps in them also.

We are driving to Jacksonville in August to cruise on the Celebration and plan on staying in St Augustine the night before. We'll decide when we get there and use those coupons.

Have a great trip ! ! !

Archived