Embarcation in Barcelona

I was there in 2009 and the embarkation process was very smooth and I haven't heard anything about things being any different. Coming back there was a huge line for taxis which caused delay even when we disembarked very late and the line probably was even worse earlier.

Hi,

Anyone been on a Med.Cruise from Barcelona last year? Just wondered how the embarcation in Barcelona was. Quick, Efficient, Long Winded or what?

Hi Have embarked at Barcelona several times, the latest in December 2011. Always found the process very efficient and quick. Usually check in around 1pm and onboard within 45 minutes, for lunch. Numerous porters for luggage, plenty of check in points and well organised.

On another note, never had a problem getting a taxi from the terminal to the city or airport on disembarkation.

John

We were there last Sept and very easy, it was out first cruise and we were surprised at how quick and easy it was....it was also easy off, we just had to wait in line for about 10-15mins to catch a taxi

We too were there on the Epic in Sept 2011. Embarkation was a breeze. Arrived to the port around 11:30. Plenty of porters outside to take luggage. Maybe 2 min in a very short security line. Walked right up to an open counter for check-in (just a regular cabin). A few minutes later we were headed upstairs to board. Embarkation was sooo much faster than both times we've sailed from Seattle.

We were there last Sept and very easy, it was out first cruise and we were surprised at how quick and easy it was....it was also easy off, we just had to wait in line for about 10-15mins to catch a taxi

We were on the same sailing and found embarkation to be a breeze.

My next cruise out of Barcelona is this October and the ship sails at 6PM. Does anyone remember what time we can board at the earliest?

What was the latest time for disembarkation? Our ship is due to arrive at 5am

We want to arrange for a car to collect us to go to the airport. What time should I tell them?

Our flight isn't until 2.30pm and would rather wait on the ship as long as possible rather than spending hours at the airport.

What was the latest time for disembarkation? Our ship is due to arrive at 5am

We want to arrange for a car to collect us to go to the airport. What time should I tell them?

Our flight isn't until 2.30pm and would rather wait on the ship as long as possible rather than spending hours at the airport.

They want you off pretty quickly--we were not in a hurry, but the message was loud and clear that they wanted everyone off by 9.

Hi,

Anyone been on a Med.Cruise from Barcelona last year? Just wondered how the embarcation in Barcelona was. Quick, Efficient, Long Winded or what?

We found embarkation in Barcelona to be a breeze on our March 2011 Jade cruise.

We were there in Sept. of last year and Sept. of 2008. The process was very organized and smooth. Something to mention - on the way through the terminal to board the ship - (after check in) there is a store that sells water, liquor, etc. We bought big bottles of water to take on the ship. I am not sure if you could buy the liquor and take it with you. We were in a hurry to get on so never tried. I wonder if anyone else can give more info?

We just returned from Jade. Embarkation in Barcelona was a breeze. The latest we could disembark was 9AM. Time from leaving ship to getting taxi at 9AM was 45 Min. because people kept breaking into the taxi line!

We were there in Sept. of last year and Sept. of 2008. The process was very organized and smooth. Something to mention - on the way through the terminal to board the ship - (after check in) there is a store that sells water, liquor, etc. We bought big bottles of water to take on the ship. I am not sure if you could buy the liquor and take it with you. We were in a hurry to get on so never tried. I wonder if anyone else can give more info?

Could you buy coca cola light in that store?

Could you buy coca cola light in that store?

I think they may have had soda as well, but we literally sent one of our group in to buy water while trying to keep our place in line so he was very quick in and out. I was hoping someone else might be able to chime in with more info..

We were on the same sailing and found embarkation to be a breeze.

My next cruise out of Barcelona is this October and the ship sails at 6PM. Does anyone remember what time we can board at the earliest?

Haven't experienced it first-hand, but from reading the Epic Western Med reviews, it sounds like the official start is noon, but they could start boarding 30-45 minutes ahead of that? We're on the Epic in May and would love to know how early to show up too!

Archived