How large is Le Bistro on the Star?

alwalaska

We are currently assigned to Le Bistro for our Meet and Mingle, but our group has exploded and it currently at 85. I am really excited about the growth and it will be great to meet everyone, but I want to make sure that the location is large enough. I know not everyone will come once they get on board and get busy, but it seems like a lot of us are truly planning on attending.

Will Le Bistro be big enough, or should I contact NCL again and ask about the possibility of a larger location?

Le Bistro will hold about 65. During our last M&G I had about 100 signed up and we ended up with a little over 50 showing up but that was the largest M&G I have been to. I think you should be OK. A lot of folks say they will come but then other activities take priority. Good luck.

Le Bistro is a nice place for a M&G but for 85 people it's going to be really tight. We had about 25 at ours on the Star in Le Bistro, and that was about as many as could comfortably sit/stand in a circle, which is kind of nice for when the crew comes in to meet you and speak to you.

It's more of a longer and narrower space and for 85 people it would probably be better to have a bigger, more square room. I wonder if you could request a meeting or conference room instead? Or possibly request the Stardust Lounge for a private party?

Good luck, have fun and I believe you will love the Star - it is our favorite ship as you can see by my signature line. :)

Good luck, have fun and I believe you will love the Star - it is our favorite ship as you can see by my signature line. :)

What is it about the Star that makes it your favorite?

As you can see, we love the Dawn. Lol

We are currently assigned to Le Bistro for our Meet and Mingle, but our group has exploded and it currently at 85. I am really excited about the growth and it will be great to meet everyone, but I want to make sure that the location is large enough. I know not everyone will come once they get on board and get busy, but it seems like a lot of us are truly planning on attending.

Will Le Bistro be big enough, or should I contact NCL again and ask about the possibility of a larger location?

We have over 190 signed up for our meet and greet for the 16th, with 160 confirmed...and were moved from the Star Bar to Aqua for the meet and greet.

I always confirm the numbers with them a week to ten days before, and they will at that time check with the ship and see if the location needs to be changed.

Le Bistro is a nice place for a M&G but for 85 people it's going to be really tight. We had about 25 at ours on the Star in Le Bistro, and that was about as many as could comfortably sit/stand in a circle, which is kind of nice for when the crew comes in to meet you and speak to you.

It's more of a longer and narrower space and for 85 people it would probably be better to have a bigger, more square room. I wonder if you could request a meeting or conference room instead? Or possibly request the Stardust Lounge for a private party?

Well, I get to sail on both of your favorites. Right now, my favorite is the Spirit. Since Hikini has been on both, I am very excited to see if the Star is even better.

We don't get to sail the Dawn until 2013, but I can't wait. I'm so excited.

We have over 190 signed up for our meet and greet for the 16th, with 160 confirmed...and were moved from the Star Bar to Aqua for the meet and greet.

I always confirm the numbers with them a week to ten days before, and they will at that time check with the ship and see if the location needs to be changed.

Repos seem to have large meet and greets. That is the biggest I have heard of.

Thanks for the idea of confirming a week to 10 days out with our new numbers. I will definitely do that.

Have a great time bringing her to NYC for us.:D

The largest M&G I've been to was on the Spirit in April 2010. We were in one of the dining rooms and that didn't seem large enough! I think we had somwhere around 125 signed up. The photo only shows part of the group since it was taken afterwards.

Anyway, Norwegian is flexible with the M&G locations. From past experience, it seems as though they do try to avoid the dining rooms and opt for the Star Bar, a meeting room or the Stardust Lounge.

The GSC will contact you about a week prior to your cruise to get the final numbers and advise you of the location for your meeting. Don't be surprised, though, if it's moved once you're on board. It's important to get cabin numbers from those attending the meeting so you can contact them once you're on the ship them if necessary.

(The Star is also our favorite - it was the one closest to us and the one where we were fortunate enough to share a Garden Villa. :D)

317441676_RichardNCLSpirit1092.jpg.d9bef94a45d48d67487f03ba0f473179.jpg

We were on the Star twice before its renovation and twice after. Having been on the Star before and spending a lot of time in the Stardust Theater (in its old location) as well as the game and lifestyles rooms, we knew what those big, long, beautiful windows were like. So when the new suites were made in 2010 we knew we wanted one of them, just because of those windows.

I realize that not everyone who goes on the Star gets to have that same experience, but that is one of the many reasons we love the Star. But it was our favorite ship even before the renovation.

I also love the Grand Atrium on the Star with its soaring openness, the service is wonderful (as it is with all NCL ships, but for us the Star crew has just seemed to be even a step above.)

We have special memories on the Star. But I have to say, every single one of the ships we've been on has had something that the others don't have, so they all have their great features. I'd like to take the best from all of them and roll them into one ship. And I'm not talking about one of Epic proportions.:roll eyes:

The Spirit has the great multi-tiered decks on the back of the ship and the unique decor.

The Sky has the great Observation deck out on the front without the obstructed-by-plexi-glass-view.

The Pearl has the Great Outdoors and a nicely laid out buffet as well as the big Spinnaker Lounge in front.

One thing I don't care for on the newer ships (Pearl and Jewel specifically) is that the atrium isn't as grand as the other ships we've been on. It is only 2 stories and has that awful gigantic screen. The Sky, The Star, and the Spirit all have those big, beautiful atriums that are several decks high. I like that so I miss that on the Jewel class ships.

Just my opinions.

We had about 100 people in Le Bistro for our M&G, the good thing about it is that I found people got up and mingled more because there weren't enough seats for everyone :) We had more people than planned, which was fantastic.

I emailed NCL with a final number the week before we left, and the group services person called me once we were on board. I didn't have everyone's cabin number, mainly because I wasn't comfortable giving out my own, so I don't think it's absolutely necessary.

The crew on the Star gave us a wonderful welcome at the M&G, and the bridge tour was offered in two parts because our group was so big! It was a fantastic experience, I'm sure the crew will do everything they can to make your group comfortable and welcome too.

We were on the Star twice before its renovation and twice after. Having been on the Star before and spending a lot of time in the Stardust Theater (in its old location) as well as the game and lifestyles rooms, we knew what those big, long, beautiful windows were like. So when the new suites were made in 2010 we knew we wanted one of them, just because of those windows.

I realize that not everyone who goes on the Star gets to have that same experience, but that is one of the many reasons we love the Star. But it was our favorite ship even before the renovation.

I also love the Grand Atrium on the Star with its soaring openness, the service is wonderful (as it is with all NCL ships, but for us the Star crew has just seemed to be even a step above.)

We have special memories on the Star.

When I was looking for a cruise from NY to Bermuda for April 29th I so much wanted the SJ suite. I waited just a little too long and the SJ's were gone so I booked for the following week just so I could have the SJ suite. :)

I think that cabin looks awesome!

I was on the Star to Alaska back in '04 and I thought she looked just like the Dawn.

The largest M&G I've been to was on the Spirit in April 2010. We were in one of the dining rooms and that didn't seem large enough! I think we had somwhere around 125 signed up. The photo only shows part of the group since it was taken afterwards.

Anyway, Norwegian is flexible with the M&G locations. From past experience, it seems as though they do try to avoid the dining rooms and opt for the Star Bar, a meeting room or the Stardust Lounge.

The GSC will contact you about a week prior to your cruise to get the final numbers and advise you of the location for your meeting. Don't be surprised, though, if it's moved once you're on board. It's important to get cabin numbers from those attending the meeting so you can contact them once you're on the ship them if necessary.

(The Star is also our favorite - it was the one closest to us and the one where we were fortunate enough to share a Garden Villa. :D)

Fun looking crowd. We'll have to try and beat 125 on our Canada/NE cruise. ;)

We have special memories on the Star. But I have to say, every single one of the ships we've been on has had something that the others don't have, so they all have their great features. I'd like to take the best from all of them and roll them into one ship. And I'm not talking about one of Epic proportions.:roll eyes:

The Spirit has the great multi-tiered decks on the back of the ship and the unique decor.

The Sky has the great Observation deck out on the front without the obstructed-by-plexi-glass-view.

The Pearl has the Great Outdoors and a nicely laid out buffet as well as the big Spinnaker Lounge in front.

One thing I don't care for on the newer ships (Pearl and Jewel specifically) is that the atrium isn't as grand as the other ships we've been on. It is only 2 stories and has that awful gigantic screen. The Sky, The Star, and the Spirit all have those big, beautiful atriums that are several decks high. I like that so I miss that on the Jewel class ships.

Just my opinions.

Thanks for your opinions. Since I have been on the Sky and Spirit and am headed to the Star, it was a nice comparison for me.

We had about 100 people in Le Bistro for our M&G' date=' the good thing about it is that I found people got up and mingled more because there weren't enough seats for everyone :) We had more people than planned, which was fantastic.

I emailed NCL with a final number the week before we left, and the group services person called me once we were on board. I didn't have everyone's cabin number, mainly because I wasn't comfortable giving out my own, so I don't think it's absolutely necessary.

The crew on the Star gave us a wonderful welcome at the M&G, and the bridge tour was offered in two parts because our group was so big! It was a fantastic experience, I'm sure the crew will do everything they can to make your group comfortable and welcome too.[/quote']

Thanks! That is a big help. I am collecting the cabin numbers by email of people who want to share, but I know a lot of people won't want to share and I don't blame them. If they move the location, I guess I can just leave one of my kids at the original location as a forwarder.

Archived