Shareholder Benefit and summer promotions

Daleed77

Hello,

I've used my shareholder benefit twice before without issue. This summer we are going to the Eastern Med on the Equinox, which should be great!

I could change my cabin to a guarantee balcony and save $400 (through the 50%-off the second guest promo). We already have an obstructive view balcony booked that is slightly larger than most toward the aft. I wouldn't mind saving the money and gambling on what X gives me. If use the promo will I still get my $200 shareholder OBC?

I've emailed X and haven't heard back yet. If I don't get to keep the OBC, then I might not use the promotion.

Thanks for your insights!

Dale

I talked to them about my Shareholder credit recently. They told me if I just got a discounted cabin I can use the credit. If I book a cabin and get an extra $150 OBC, they said no. I would get the higher of the two. Same goes for coupons. I guess you can try and see what happens. So for a 7 days cruise, it may be better to take the OBC if offered by the cruise line. I don't know what happens if they offer to give you pre-paid tips as an incentive.

Archived