Sky Review April 2-6

shelly11

Its not your fault you had to run through Atlanta!! Its a crazy airport.

MM

Thanks! :D We usually leave VERY early, but we left the house late, parked farther out than planned, check in & security took forever so there we were running! We made it and will be leaving even earlier next time. ;)

We were on the same ship and had a blast. This was our first cruise with our 2 kids. Flew into Miami from Minneapolis. Ours was oceanview window on 9th floor. We went to Tainu beach (not sure if I spelled that right) in Freeport. Did Nassau town and Atlantis discovery tour in Nassau and enjoyed the beach on GSC.

As mentioned earlier, the weather was almost perfect and the seas were calm. We went to Crossings and Palace dinners couple times and used Garden Cafe for the rest. I thought the food was good and the staff helpful. We played bingo, went to couple shows, used the pool/hot tubs and were there for sun rise/sun set for couple times. Absolutely incredible view when you see those Sun rays on the ocean with the sun setting.

All of us had lot of fun and can't wait to get back to cruising (may be Sky again).

Are there shady areas on GSC since the renovations?

My photos of GSC are in a shady spot that was there last year. They are still clearing areas and building the cabanas. My advice is to keep walking past those first rows of chairs and find a sport among the trees or beyond that with less people.

Ahhh....your picture of the Rebellious Fish drink made me want another! Enjoyed many of those on my cruise on the Sky last year. Thanks for letting me reminisce. :) Can't wait to enjoy more on the Epic in January.

Glad you had such a wonderful vacation on the Sky! Your pictures brought back some great memories. Thanks for sharing!

Ahhh....your picture of the Rebellious Fish drink made me want another! Enjoyed many of those on my cruise on the Sky last year. Thanks for letting me reminisce. :) Can't wait to enjoy more on the Epic in January.

Glad you had such a wonderful vacation on the Sky! Your pictures brought back some great memories. Thanks for sharing!

You are welcome! :D

I hope to get the dailies up tonight!

• 2 weeks later...

I LOVE the bulldog :D - is that one of the towel animals they taught you to make? I'm going to take that class and then every night I will make one for our bed - it will feel like we're still crusing - LOL - Okay maybe every other night :p.

Aahh thanks for bringing back lovely memories!!! We sailed the Sky as first-time cruisers last August!! We are now hooked.....darn you NCL......HEHE!!

We had Captain Ron Crastina too......what a lovely guy! We had the pleasure of meeting him for cocktails! :) The day afterwards, my daughter and I were eating in the Garden Cafe and he stopped to chat.........just like all the staff on the Sky.....friendly and attentive without being over-the-top!

Thanks again for sharing your trip :)

Archived