Steakhouse dining

canes20

I have a couple of questions if anyone can help. We have never dined at the steakhouse, but I have reservations for our anniversary. Should we leave a gratuity or is the amount in the reservation adequate? Can you order more than one appetizer and entree like in the dining room or should you just order one? Thanks in advance for all answers.

I have a couple of questions if anyone can help. We have never dined at the steakhouse, but I have reservations for our anniversary. Should we leave a gratuity or is the amount in the reservation adequate? Can you order more than one appetizer and entree like in the dining room or should you just order one? Thanks in advance for all answers.

The gratuity is included in the price but if you receive outstanding service you can tip additional, its up to you. Order as much as you want until they stop you. Enjoy.

I want to eat one night there too but hate to make a reservation before I know what is being served in the MDR. What is the best options for this? I hear there is a benefitfor going the first sail night.ANy suggestions?

You can order multiples of the appetizers, there is an extra fee for another entree. You really won't need an extra entre. One of the steaks is allmost a pound! We tipped extra. They only charge $30 for upscale food and service. At that price, I just felt like our waitess couldn't be getting too much of a gratuity.

I want to eat one night there too but hate to make a reservation before I know what is being served in the MDR. What is the best options for this? I hear there is a benefitfor going the first sail night.ANy suggestions?

Benefit being a free bottle of wine the first night....at least on 5+ day cruises.

We tipped extra also, another $12 which was 20% more.

In addition to your appetizer, salad, main course and dessert, you get side dishes, and they told us to order "as many side dishes as you want." I had mashed potatoes and brocolli. Jerry had a baked potato and mixed vegetables.

The blue cheese dressing that they offered with the iceberg wedge was really delicious, by the way. It wasn't white in color like most American blue cheese dressings, but rather brownish. Not sure what the yummy base was, but the blue cheese in there was tangy and top quality!

I think you can make reservations after you decide which day you'd rather skip the MDR menu, as the steakhouse is not usually fully booked.

We tipped extra also, another $12 which was 20% more.

The blue cheese dressing that they offered with the iceberg wedge was really delicious, by the way. It wasn't white in color like most American blue cheese dressings, but rather brownish. Not sure what the yummy base was, but the blue cheese in there was tangy and top quality!

Here's a photo of the iceberg wedge with blue cheese dressing:

2019451800_steakhouseicebergwedgewithbluecheese.jpg.28b9f9dec8476aaee659685308b42c9e.jpg

I think that benefit is a FREE bottle of wine, not sure. :)

Archived