My 30th Cruise! A Monarch of the Seas Pictorial Review (that I made on my cellphone)

Day four:

We woke around seven and had breakfast in the dining room. We did self assist debarkation which went very fast. We caught the shuttle back over to the Radisson and were on the road by 830. That was the end of another great cruise. The issues with the My Time Dining notwithstanding, it was an excellent time!

That's it, short and sweet this time! Hope you all enjoyed it.

Thanks so much for the GREAT pictures and the comments. I had the same impression of "My Time" dining. If you have to make a reservation, what's the point?

Did you spend much time at Junkanoo Beach? I have never been there, and the price appeals to me,:rolleyes: but I'm unsure if it's a good place for two women to go. Did it seem safe to you? And do they have chair and umbrella rentals, or is there shade? Are there restrooms? Concessions? Sorry for all the questions!

I'm jealous.....I know hundreds, if not thousands, of us fell in love with cruising with a first cruise on Monarch. I'll always be grateful to her for that, and wish her well in Spain.

That's true for a lot of us! Monarch was my first Royal ship! She's changed a bit, but I recognize lots of the venues!

Darth- glad you enjoyed your weekend cruise! It will be interesting to be on that final cruise. Your cell phone did very well with the pics. Thanks for the review!:D

Thanks for sharing. Loved the pics! Like others have said the Monarch was our first cruise - it was our honeymoon in 1998. Loved it! Trying to talk my husband into a weekend getaway one last time - don't think it will work out though.

Thanks for the review and the pics.

My GF and I booked on the final voyage of the Monarch. The first time on the Monarch we sailed out of Long Beach. I also did a solo out of Cape Canaveral.

The fish food area is safe for all to go to. You could walk or take the #10 Jitney that goes right by there. The bus ride will cost $1.25 per person. I'm not sure what a cab ride would cost.

Thanks so much for the GREAT pictures and the comments. I had the same impression of "My Time" dining. If you have to make a reservation, what's the point?

Did you spend much time at Junkanoo Beach? I have never been there, and the price appeals to me,:rolleyes: but I'm unsure if it's a good place for two women to go. Did it seem safe to you? And do they have chair and umbrella rentals, or is there shade? Are there restrooms? Concessions? Sorry for all the questions!

We didn't spend any time there, but we did walk through. Seemed safe, fairly clean. There were public bathrooms, and I think there was even a couple of showers. There were lots of people and families, so I think it would be fine to go to. There were several little huts set up selling food and drinks, plus volleyball and a DJ playing music. I plan on going there next week with my friends.

Junkaroo beach looks great! I assume we can hope in a taxi? We will be five people in total.

You could take a taxi there I'm sure. It's only about a 10 minute walk (or less) if you all wanted to save the $$. You just keep to the right along the waterfront, around the Hilton, and it's just past the Hilton's private beach. Maybe 1/2 mile walk from the ship.

We didn't spend any time there, but we did walk through. Seemed safe, fairly clean. There were public bathrooms, and I think there was even a couple of showers. There were lots of people and families, so I think it would be fine to go to. There were several little huts set up selling food and drinks, plus volleyball and a DJ playing music. I plan on going there next week with my friends.

Thanks so much!

Archived