ATTIRE ON CRUISING & PORT DAYS ON QM2

TWOJERSEYGIRL

My Friend Is On Qm2 Mid June Fjord Trip. Anyone Know What Suggested Dress For Male & Female Is On Cruising Days? Can Shorts Be Worn In The Dining Room For Lunch, Is Jeans Frowned Upon In General & What Is Best Recommended: Also, Casual & Neat On Port Days But No Jeans? Since It's The "QM2" Is The Code A Cut Above The Rest Of The Ships? Thanks Twojerseygirl (on T/a Connie 10/9/05)

The QM2 is a cut above and I think jeans and shorts should be limited to port. I was on the March 9th cruise and wore shorts to go to the beach but changed for the dinning room. There were a few people in jeans but they looked out of place. One woman wore the same jeans every day. This is a classy ship and a fantasy trip, wear something you would wear to a nice outdoor party durring the day. You will feel better. Enjoy!

mufi,

i dont disagree. the QM2 is definitely a cut above carnival and royal carribean but many many many cuts below the way they advertise themselves. no luxury line would ever have set up a ridiculous system such as they have in kings court where people are wandering around with traysful of food seeking out a place to sit. i say this having travelled twice on QM2 in the princess grill where everything was truly wonderful and truly a cut above. however once you step out of the grill youre on a mass market cruise ship, not a transatlantic ocean liner.

I am certain that you are too young to remember Peck & Peck and Henri Bendel in NYC but see if you can get someone to tell you about these fabulaous stores and the clothes they sold. Then try to find similar clothes and wear them every day on the sailing. You will feel like two princesses and will greatly help to retain the image of refined cruising. It never hurts to dress up once and a while. Does wonders for the mind.

Archived