Carnival: Why don't you make your FCC like other lines'?

cdamion

I wish Carnival would make their Future Cruise Certificate like other lines do - in that the $100 spent (per person) serves as the deposit for the next cruise. I know I am much more inclined to book another cruise while on board if I only have to pay a couple hundred dollars for a deposit.

RCI goes so far to make it never expire as long as you book a cruise on board (you can change the dates forever if you wanted to).

I told myself before Splendor that I would not buy a Future Cruise Certificate.

However, as is sometimes the case, I did not listen and bought one anyways.

OH GOSH... please listen Carnival....

This method of on line redemption.... SUCKS!!!!!!!

Suprisingly enough... I never have a problem making a payment!! with VISA

Do you think Carnival doesnt what us to use them......mmmmmmmm... makes you wonder

RCI goes so far to make it never expire as long as you book a cruise on board (you can change the dates forever if you wanted to).

And it doesn't even have to be a specific booking. It can be open ended. You have forever to apply it to a specific cruise. It's the same way on Celebrity. Plus, you get $100 OBC for doing it. It's a model all cruise lines should follow. Between RCI and X, I have 4 of these. If CCL did it, I would probably have at least 1 for them too.

Actually, I like the way Carnival's FCC program works.

So far, I have not had a problem redeeming it online or receiving the followup confirmation. I like that you don't have to have the FCC assigned to a particular TA to use it when you book with that TA.

I like that Carnival allows combining FCC obc and shareholder obc.;)

Reduced deposit would be nice but then there would be a problem with using FCC's with ES and I don't want that to change.

I don't have a problem with the expiration period of 2 years but would be ok with longer than that too.

it is better than NCL's ..which gives you $100 to spend on board when you buy a cert for $250..which can not be used towards a 3 or 4 night cruise..

which is why I never bought one on NCL

I like Carnival's FCC program...plus I am sure the cruise lines want to do their own thing in some ways (since they are becoming more and more alike it seems sometimes)

Dont understand why they reduced the expiry date to two years.

Glad you mentioned this. I have one that is already a year old! Do I have to cruise within 2 years or just book the cruise within 2 years? I can't remember.

It didn't make any difference with me that I couldn't apply as part of the deposit. I've my FCC before my final payment and this works just fine. Now my final payment is $100 less and I've got a $100 to use when I get on ship.

As I recall, you can get a full refund of the FCC if you do not use (not including the OBC). Regardless, I'm using this and getting a 100% return on this "investment".

As I recall, you can get a full refund of the FCC if you do not use (not including the OBC). Regardless, I'm using this and getting a 100% return on this "investment".

You are correct. I was on a cruise just last week and according to the information sheet they handed out, they are fully refundable.

You are correct. I was on a cruise just last week and according to the information sheet they handed out, they are fully refundable.

It's a win-win for me. I've just used one for the next cruise and I have one more to either book or refund by next April.:D

it is better than NCL's ..which gives you $100 to spend on board when you buy a cert for $250..which can not be used towards a 3 or 4 night cruise..

It does stink to not be able to use on a shorter cruise, but once it's applied to your OBC it ends up being a payment of $150 for a $250 FCC that can be used as your entire deposit. In addition to not expiring for 4 years.

I like RCI's indefinite though. The least Carnival could do is make redemption a bit longer instead of the refund option.

Archived