'Wines by the glass' any good?

Tricky Diggy

Hi All,

Has anyone been premium drinks package and assessed the quality of the 'by the glass' wines at dinner?

Be good to know what to expect or if we can take in a glass of decent wine, if what's provided is on the vinegary side:rolleyes:?!!

Cheers,

TD

We have had quite a number of the wines by the glass offered by Celebrity. They are generally potable and are similar to what you find in restaurants and bars in most cities. The whites are IMO better than the reds. If you have the premium package and get one you don't like, just have them bring another one. I think they do that anyway even if you are not on the package.

Just off the Equinox and I'd say the wines by the glass were adequate but none knocked our socks off at the $12 price point. (topic of conversation and agreement at our table where all but 2 out of 10 had the Premium Package). However, if you have the Premium Package you can pay just the upcharge on a more expensive wine, and we tried several wines around $16 that were very good. Well worth the small up charge.

Just off the Equinox and I'd say the wines by the glass were adequate but none knocked our socks off at the $12 price point. (topic of conversation and agreement at our table where all but 2 out of 10 had the Premium Package). However, if you have the Premium Package you can pay just the upcharge on a more expensive wine, and we tried several wines around $16 that were very good. Well worth the small up charge.

what she said :-)

On Eclipse last month, they didn't even assess the up charge all the time. The real value of the premium package isn't the wines by the glass, but the martinis and cocktails, the specialty coffees and the bottled waters, I think.

we are wine lovers and had the premium package on our last cruise, too... found many wines we enjoyed on the list for 12 bucks and under - also enjoyed many other wines for an additional 5 to 7 bucks which was nice. If you are in to wine, be sure to make friends with the sommelier in cellar masters. he or she can really enhance your trip! several half glasses of Caymus special select were saved for us and given to us free of charge - at 35 bucks a pop, that adds up quick:-)

Hi All,

Has anyone been premium drinks package and assessed the quality of the 'by the glass' wines at dinner?

Be good to know what to expect or if we can take in a glass of decent wine, if what's provided is on the vinegary side:rolleyes:?!!

Cheers,

TD

We didn't do the drinks package, just the wine package, but we did occasionally buy wine by the glass. The bottle was always opened at the table and just fine.

You do pay a bit more for a single glass of wine on X even if you ask for house wine that if you purchased a bottle and saved the unfinished amount for the next day.

I usually drink red wine & I have never had a problem with the wines served on the Premium package. The only one time I was given a suspect wine it was because it had oxidised so I just gave it back and a new bottle was opened straight away.

Greetings

On our recent Equinox cruise both my SO and I had the preminum package. We are both red wine lovers. We found the red wines to be drinkable (we never had a corked or "skunky" wine) but they were pretty run of the mill. Even the "upcharge" wines were not great selections. We still thought the package was fantastic and wouldn't want to cruise without it. Just don't buy the package thinking that you will be drinking a large selection of fine wines. We drank decent wines, but all the additional benefits made the package well worth the price for us.

Good Sailing

Tom

Archived