Spa Pass on Med cruise?

Legally Blonde

Hello everyone!

My boyfriend and I are going on our very first cruise next month - 7 nights in the Mediterranean aboard the NCL Epic. I've been lurking on these boards for awhile now, and have a question about this wonderful spa pass of which you speak... For those of you who enjoy the spa, have you/would you find it worth it on a very port intensive cruise? We only have 1 day at sea and plan to pack a lot of sites into the other days, so I'm worried we won't even have time. I realize this comes down to personal preference, but any thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks :)

My DH and I got off the Epic Saturday. We are not pool/sun people and absolutely loved the spa pass. Even on days we were in port, we always found time to use the spa, even if just for a quick nap before dinner. :P

I know we would both never sail without the spa pass after having it once, we loved it so much. Near the end of the cruise, I would just take a book, curl up in the "relaxation room" and read. These were some of the most relaxing moments the entire trip.

I will say, there is so very much to do on the Epic, it is really up to each person on how they would like to spend their time on-board. We tried to do many of the activities offered, and still did not come close to doing everything.

Pick to do what will make you happy, and just remember, you can always schedule another cruise to take care of what you missed. :P

The seven day Med itinerary is extremely port intensive and exhausting. Basically, we would return from port, shower, eat, maybe spend an hour or so out after dinner and collapse into bed, then get up early the next morning to do it all again. It's not leisurely like a Caribbean sailing - unless you plan to skip some port time. That said, if you make the time to go, it can be relaxing after a full day of walking through the city.. It depends on your priorities - if you plan to enjoy the entertainment and various activities that the Epic has to offer, I would say that you won't likely use the pass; if you plan to do more relaxing, then the pass would come in handy..

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived