Upcoming Voyager Wedding

We are getting married on the VOS in May.

Has anyone been married on the VOS? If so, can you please share stories and/or pictures.

We are a bit nervous not knowing where or what time we will be getting married.

We have not had any trouble with Royal Romance.

Thanks

Hi Joenjudy2,

Congrats on your upcoming wedding! It will be fantastic! I got married in March on the Navigator, which is the Voyager's sister ship. They're almost clones of one another, and are both gorgeous ships. Are you sailing Eastern or Western Caribbean?

Here is my general (translation: way too large!) online photo album, but please let me know if there is something in particular you'd like to see.

http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=ujqldyj.px5e9wj&x=0&y=uq8qh6

Royal Romance will go over all of the details for your wedding two weeks before the date. Best of luck and enjoy!

Congratulations on your wedding. You both look very happy. Looks like you had a beautiful wedding.

Our questions are what if we don't like the place they have our wedding? Can we request a change?

Is there enough time to get dressed before the wedding?

We are doing the Western Carribean (Labadee, Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman and Bahamas)

We are so excited but a bit nervous not having all the details worked out.

Also, did you wear your gown all day? What about at the muster drill?

Thanks again for your info.

Thanks! We had a great day and a great cruise. My recommendation is to research what you want and make a request for your location. Although they won't promise you a particular room until two weeks before, they do try to accomodate requests. (We got the room our hearts were set on.) :)

A good place to start is http://www.cruisesonly.com/c/shipdetail.asp?lineid=44&vessel=237 which has details on the Voyager, and on the right you'll see links for deck plans and photo tours. Depending on the number of guests you'll have, the likely locations on the Voyager are the Chapel (Deck 15), Viking Crown Lounge High Notes or Cloud 9/Seven Hearts (Deck 14), Cleopatra's Needle (Deck 5), or The Vault (nightclub, Deck 3).

We personally liked the Deck 14 locations because the big windows provided a naturally gorgeous backdrop with lots of sunlight, but it is totally personal preference.

I was going to wear my dress to the muster drill, but our fabulous photographer was still taking pictures of us around the boat during muster and he got us out of it so we never ended up going to muster. Which was perfect, since no one was around. (Everyone is so happy to see a bridal couple and wished us well which was so sweet! Be prepared for strangers to be taking pictures of you, though! :rolleyes: )

Hope that helps!

Archived