Miracle questions 8/2/12-8/10/12 out of NYC

Pickles61

I’m planning on booking the Miracle 8/2/12-8/10/12 for 10 people – 3 cabins. We will have 2 cabins of 4 people and 1 for 2 people.

Does anyone know anything about these cabin #’s 7294, 7258, 7144 or 7146? I want to book the 2- 4 person cabins near each other. I thought the cabins that extend out of the ship would be better than the ones that don’t extend out as I like to be able to look not only straight out and down but to the front and back of the ship as well.

Ages are 8, 11,12,18, 18 + 5 Adults – how is the Miracle for kids? Will there be enough to do for all of them? My 12 year old likes to go exploring on the ship, he usually knows the ship backwards and forwards by then end of the first day. Haven’t been on a carnival cruise in a few years and my kids were younger then and did love the cruise.

What’s the earliest we can board the ship out of NY? And what is the best time to get there to avoid lines J

Thanks

I can't really give you answers, but I am boarding the Miracle out of NY tomorrow, so when I return, I'll let you know! I'm bringing my 8 year old son with me, so I can tell you how the ship is for kids (though I have heard it's excellent!). I'm in a forward balcony cabin on the 7th floor, but none of the ones you mentioned.

karen

I’m planning on booking the Miracle 8/2/12-8/10/12 for 10 people – 3 cabins. We will have 2 cabins of 4 people and 1 for 2 people.

Does anyone know anything about these cabin #’s 7294, 7258, 7144 or 7146? I want to book the 2- 4 person cabins near each other. I thought the cabins that extend out of the ship would be better than the ones that don’t extend out as I like to be able to look not only straight out and down but to the front and back of the ship as well. Thanks

Cabin 7258 is an extended balcony cabin (meaning it's deeper than a traditional balcony), but it is over the lifeboats, so your immediate view down will be the top of a lifeboat. This cabin also has what the refer to as a bowling alley balcony, meaning the balcony is really looonnnggg. These rooms have some handicap features and may or may not be available to book; you could be bumped if needed for a wheelchair passenger. The other cabins you mentioned are category 8D balconies (not as deep) and will have a traditional depth balcony, but your view down will not have a lifeboat view.

Search google images for Miracle cabin 7258, you're bound to find many photos for this cabin. Also, the Miracle is a nice ship, and sailing out of NYC is beautiful. Have a great time.

Cabin 7258 is an extended balcony cabin (meaning it's deeper than a traditional balcony),.

Thank you for getting back to me. I had written down some cabins to look at and had 7258 in my notes, I had meant to write room 7341 not 7258. I have some many different room #'s I wrote the wrong one :eek:

I can't really give you answers, but I am boarding the Miracle out of NY tomorrow, so when I return, I'll let you know! I'm bringing my 8 year old son with me, so I can tell you how the ship is for kids (though I have heard it's excellent!). I'm in a forward balcony cabin on the 7th floor, but none of the ones you mentioned.

karen

Have a great time, any info you can give me would be great.

Too bad 7258 wasn't on your list...it has the most awesome balcony! 3 times the length of the normal ones. I doubt it's available...there are only a few like that and they get snatched up. We have it on the Miracle next month for the 3rd time.

The kids should enjoy the kids programs. The 18 year olds are at that odd age...no programs, yet not old enough to drink. They will probably enjoy the deck activities on Lido, plus there are a bunch of other things like Trivia contests and such which they can get involved in.

We usualy get to the port around 10 or so....there are lines. I imagine if you want fewer lines, the later you go, the better. I am one of many who is just itching to get on the ship. The Miracle is a wonderful ship...have a great time!

Too bad 7258 wasn't on your list...it has the most awesome balcony! 3 times the length of the normal ones. I doubt it's available...there are only a few like that and they get snatched up. We have it on the Miracle next month for the 3rd time.

The kids should enjoy the kids programs. The 18 year olds are at that odd age...no programs, yet not old enough to drink. They will probably enjoy the deck activities on Lido, plus there are a bunch of other things like Trivia contests and such which they can get involved in.

We usualy get to the port around 10 or so....there are lines. I imagine if you want fewer lines, the later you go, the better. I am one of many who is just itching to get on the ship. The Miracle is a wonderful ship...have a great time!

The 18 year olds are my Son and his girlfriend, she's never been on a cruise before nor out of the states so I think they will have a great time.

What about the extended balconies vs regular balconies are there any real pros/cons besides of course the balcony being larger?

Does anyone know anything about these cabin #’s 7294, 7258, 7144 or 7146? I want to book the 2- 4 person cabins near each other. I thought the cabins that extend out of the ship would be better than the ones that don’t extend out as I like to be able to look not only straight out and down but to the front and back of the ship as well.

Ages are 8, 11,12,18, 18 + 5 Adults – how is the Miracle for kids? Will there be enough to do for all of them? My 12 year old likes to go exploring on the ship, he usually knows the ship backwards and forwards by then end of the first day. Haven’t been on a carnival cruise in a few years and my kids were younger then and did love the cruise.

What’s the earliest we can board the ship out of NY? And what is the best time to get there to avoid lines J

Thanks

We are getting ready to sail for the 2nd time on the Miracle out of NY on 4/28. We love this ship!! I have 2 boys, 9 & 11, and there is always something for us to do.

The last time we sailed we were in 7244 an 8E cabin & it was fine. We had plenty of room and storage space. The only difference with an extended balcony is about 2 feet in the depth of the balcony itself. This time we are in 6232 (bowling alley balcony) and can't wait. We really lucked out getting this cabin.

As for the kids, they really enjoy the kid's club. They also have a great family scavenger hunt and for an extra fee a late night party for the kids.

We love the layout of the Miracle also. Very easy to get around. There isn't a galley in the middle of the ship so it's not so confusing to get around.

We usually get to the NY terminal around 10:30ish and we've never waited on a long line there. Don't get me wrong, there is a line but it's not outrageous. Embarkation & debarkation out of NY is pretty nice. We've never had an issue. They usually begin boarding around 11:30-12ish.

When we set sail we go under the Varrazano bridge & past the Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island. It's really very nice! (That's why we're doing it a second time...LOL)

Hope some of this info helped.

Happy planning!!

Archived