Scubagirl, is Junkanoo Beach safe for two women?

NorthCarolinaBelle

Hello Scubagirl, and thank you SO MUCH for all the help you have provided! My friend and I will be in Nassau in November, and I was wondering about Junkanoo Beach. In the past, my husband and I have been to Hilton and Sheraton, but I would love to try this if it's safe. I'm also wondering if we can rent chairs and umbrella, (or if there's shade) and if there are restrooms and concessions available. Thanks again!:D

Hello Scubagirl, and thank you SO MUCH for all the help you have provided! My friend and I will be in Nassau in November, and I was wondering about Junkanoo Beach. In the past, my husband and I have been to Hilton and Sheraton, but I would love to try this if it's safe. I'm also wondering if we can rent chairs and umbrella, (or if there's shade) and if there are restrooms and concessions available. Thanks again!:D

These past 2 years we haven't had any problems at Junkanoo Beach.. Its across the street from the police station.

Junkanoo is a free public beach with restrooms and concession stands. Chair rentals are available.. not sure about umbrellas, but there is some shade trees.

Check post a little closer to Nov to see if things have changed. With the exception of Thanksgiving week, Nov is off season. Things may or may not be open.

Archived