Azura balcony cabin choice

lynnek

I am about to pre-register for 2014 Caribbean cruise and would like to know if anyone has ever stayed in aalcony cabin on the back of the ship. I was looking at B deck in one of the cabins B748 - B757, would these be a better choice than port or starboard?? I'm grateful for any advise re selection.

Could you then tell me what the white section next to B748 is? Can you see around to the side as well as behind? Lastly did you notice any movement from the ship being at the back. Many thanks.

The white space is a crew stairwell and wasn't a problem at all. No, you can't see out of the side at all, but the balcony is enormous for a standard balcony cabin.

We always choose an aft cabin if we possibly can. We've had one on Azura on C deck, which didn't cause any problem with movement. We've also had 6 I think on Arcadia on B, D and E decks. You get a little vibration when berthing, but otherwise we haven't noticed any more movement than anywhere else - and I'm not the best of sailors in rough seas!

You need to be aware that there are massive stanchions running the height of some of the aft balconies. I think B748 & B749 are clear, but B750 & B751 have one right in the middle of their balconies. Then there are two more, but they're more on the edge of the relevant balcony. B750 & B751 (of the aft standard balcony cabins) are the most affected. Ask for pictures of the balcony of either of these cabins & you'll see what I mean.

Update: here's a Youtube video of B751.

Archived