George Town, Grand Cayman

mikedoes

Check out Captain Marvins. They do a 1/2 day snorkel package that is very good. I think its three spots and one of them is Sting Ray City. Sting Ray City is sooooo fun. People are afraid of them but there really is nothing to be afraid of. They get fed every few hours and are handled daily. Pretty amazing !!

If you want to hit the beach and be able to snorkel too... go to Grapevine Beach.

Dont go to Hell. Its really nothing exciting. Well, unless you want to send yourself a post card that is postmarked HELL or maybe buy a tee shirt. Kind of a tourist trap in my opinion.

Hands down check out NativeWays "Reef, Rays and Rum Point." It has been one of our very favorite excursions out of 10 cruises. $62 for an adult (can't remember the child rate). They pick you up from the port, you go to Stingray City, snorkel at one of the reefs and then they take your order for lunch while you are on the catamaran and its ready in 5 minutes when you get to Rum Point which is a more secluded, tropical paradise!!! Google pictures of "Rum Point" and NativeWays in Grand Cayman. There's also reviews from past travelers on Trip Advisor....definitely a favorite.

Kathy

How about waverunner to Stingray City followed by Rum Point beach? I did this & it was great! Much less crowded than a boat.

Which vendor did you use for this excursion?

Thank You,

:)

This one:

http://grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com/StingrayCityWaveRunner.htm

This was a great trip. I got lucky & circumstances had me with a young couple. Just the 3 of us and our guide. It was great. Usually they do go in larger groups but still nothing like what some of the boat operators carry out there. And riding the waverunners was a hoot. I'd never done it before.

I do recommend it if you would like a more involved tour than just riding a boat.

Have fun if you go! :D

Archived