Can't decide on Shore Excursions

mabones

Will be on Epic-Eastern Caribbean next April 2013, and have been to St. Thomas & St. Marteen several times. I'm looking for some new ideas for Excursions. Does anyone have any ideas for Nassau?

We did para sailing in Nassau. That was pretty cool.

In Great Stirrup Cay we did kayaking, found a giant starfish and hung out on the beach. We then got hooked on Kayaking and had to buy some! ;)

Sorry about that! I'm looking for something out of the ordinary. We done city tours, snorkeling, beaches. Just want something different. Did I see that there are excursions from St. Thomas to Tortola?

Sorry about that! I'm looking for something out of the ordinary. We done city tours, snorkeling, beaches. Just want something different. Did I see that there are excursions from St. Thomas to Tortola?

For St. Thomas, we booked a full-day sail on the "Simplicity" for our upcoming cruise on the Gem in January. Here's a link to their web site: http://www.simplicitycharters.com/

For St. Martin, we opted for the island tour with Bernard.

Hope this helps.

rent a scooter... its like $40 for the whole day... then drive over to Atlantis check it out at your own leisure, then head over to a restaurant, then over to the beach... what im trying to get at is you literally can do anything you want at your own pace. Its very convenient and fun. But watch out they drive on the left hand side of the road.

No, it's from STT to St John. Although there used to be a hydrofoil from St Thomas harbor to Tortola and back, there was NO time to spend on Tortola since it was really just a "get your passport stamped" ride and back. if you've already seen St Thomas, St John is totally different and a nice change. We are doing the one that gives you a little time at Trunk Bay, and lets you take photos of several other beaches. I've heard good reviews of the champagne cruises if you are a snorkler, too.

Take an Eastern Carib cruise that actually stops in Tortola, and St Thomas out of Miami.

Azappraiser: Did you do the 1/2 day Sail or the Full Day? Simplicity looks really fun. We will only be there from 8am-4pm.

What is the Island Tour w/Bernard? I didn't see it listed.

We haven't gone yet... but we booked the full day sail. If you contact them by email , Charlie Whittemore will get back to you; although it may take a day or two. Plus, DW & I are dog people, so sailing with Hinkley aboard sounded like fun.

Sorry about Bernards, here's a link to his site. http://www.bernardstours.com/ Just so you know, there's music on his home page... but you can mute it if you like. Click on "Tour Itineraries" on the lower, left portion of the home page. The full day tour is $40pp. BTW, there were quite a few positive comments about his operation on the St. Martin board and on Tripit. He too will respond to an email within one or two days.

We did 'America's Cup Regatta' in St. Martin. Would highly recommend it. What a thrill. They actually put you to work depending on your abilities. We got to sail on the actual 'Stars and Stripes', the 1987 America's Cup Champion. You will enjoy....

Archived