Which Southern Caribbean Cruise to take??

exercisemama

What are the ports of call? That would be the most important to me. I am going on the Ruby Princess on Saturday, (and I'm in my 40s) so I'll let you know what it's like. NCL has Freestyle dining, so if you like Traditional Dining you'll be out of luck, but if you like variety of dining choices, that might work for you.

Most southern Caribbean itineraries tend to be "older" in age, only because either they are longer than 7 days or sail out of San Juan. Generally not too loaded with kids in the southern, so NCL could be very nice for you (I love their entertainment and liveliness), but again, I'll let you know about Ruby in a couple weeks.

Never been on Celebrity. Seems a bit on the older and more subdued side for my taste.

I want to go to Barbados, St. Lucia and St. Marten. I went on a Carnival cruise 24 years ago, but my husband has never cruised. We aren't bringing the kids! I don't care about the set dining, as much as the entertainment on board. Where are you going on the Ruby? Have you sailed before? Any other recommendations? Are you getting a jr. suite?

My husband and I are in our mid 40's. We are looking for a good southern caribbean cruise in November. Can anyone recommend something. Which is better the Celebrity Summit, Princess Ruby or NCL Sun?

I have only been on Summit. I have not been on the Ruby or Sun, but have been on similar ships. I would first rule out the Sun. I think either the Ruby or Summit would be fantastic. I loved my Summit cruise, and she just had a complete refurbishment. Good luck with your choice!

Why would you rule out the NCL Sun??

Did you go on the southern caribbean itinerary with the Summit? Do you think 5 ports on a 7 day cruise is a lot? They are all the ports I want to see, but not sure how relaxing that would be.

Thanks for your input!

It depends on what you want. I have never been on the exact ships.

Price would be my deciding factor.

We sailed NCL & Princess out of San Juan. We didn't care much for Princess. It was too sleepy for us. We liked the evening entertainment better on NCL. Princess does have good pizza, MUTTS was kind of fun & the ships are decorated beautifully. The bed was horrible & even with a foam pad we barely slept.

Having never sailed Celebrity I can't say.

Archived