Could I change ships after deposit?

vcop

I booked ES and put up my deposit.I have people grumbling about the ship I booked.Would I be able to change my reservations and not lose my deposit?

You would lose $50 pp to change.

If you book the new cruise at the same time, the other $200 pp will be apllied towards your deposit. (just did this a couple of months ago)

Then you will have to pay the $100 out of your pocket at the time of the new booking.

OK Thanks!We have the Conquest booked for Nov.9,2013.I am not going to change.If they don`t like it,they can book another.It has a great itinerary.It goes from New Orleans to San Juan and we will have to fly back from San Juan.Thanks again for your help!We leave in 10 days on the Dream!I can`t wait!

You can't change without being penalized... sorry. What ship?

DO NOT believe all that you read on here. Take everything with a grain of salt. :D

Booked ES, It will cost you $50pp penalty and the balance of your deposit will be applied to the new cruise.

If you call to cancel the current cruise and book the new cruise in same phone call, your deposit less the penalty will be applied to the new DEPOSIT.

If you call to cancel in one phone call, then re-book in a later, follow-on phone call, your deposit less the penalty will be applied to the new CRUISEFARE and you'll have to put down full deposit for everyone in the booking.

You should confirm this distinction when you call!

ken

What if you booked your cruise, not an ES fare, and decided you wanted to switch cruises. I sometimes worry about making it to the ship before it leaves, but other places can be easier to get. So it would be the same dates, just a different ship if it had a room available.

What if you booked your cruise, not an ES fare, and decided you wanted to switch cruises. I sometimes worry about making it to the ship before it leaves, but other places can be easier to get. So it would be the same dates, just a different ship if it had a room available.

If you're switching prior to final payment deadline you can cancel and re-book with no penalties.

If after Final payment deadline, any cancellation involves the normal cancellation penalties, starting with loss of deposit up to 100%, the closer to sailaway that you cancel. UNLESS you call and they cut you a break, and MAYBE if you're switching to a more expensive cruise.

ken

I booked 4 of us on ES back in Jan and it was cheaper to put all of us in one cabin. Now its cheaper to put 2 in 2 cabins. So I call Carnival and asked if I can change to 2 cabins and was told that I would loose the full deposit of $150 per person. Was this not correct?

Archived