courtesy hold after final payment

wulber

Is it alright to do a courtesy hold after final payment?

Can you do the hold more than once?

I'm thinking if you want to see if the price goes down any doing a hold for a few days.

Is this allowed.

I am not absolutely certain, but it is my understanding that after final payment there are no price drops honored.

So I would think you are wasting your time and tying up a cabin that someone may book by doing what you are suggesting.

I suspect that you would have to cancel your existing reservation and that at a penalty after final payment in order to make a new booking.

Just my thoughts that may or may not be on target.

Is it alright to do a courtesy hold after final payment?

Can you do the hold more than once?

I'm thinking if you want to see if the price goes down any doing a hold for a few days.

Is this allowed.

Looks like you are in the UK so not positive the rules are the same, but here yes you can do a courtesy hold after the final payment date. Assuming you do not have a cabin already booked on the sailing you are looking at.

In the US I know if the price drops in a set amount of hours (72??) after you book, you can get the price drop. So you at least have that if you do decide to book after final.

Thanks for your replies.

we have an ov guarantee booked and I could pay extra for a balcony guarantee but I think they could possibly go down again and I could get the upgrade for less so that is why I am asking about a hold for a few daysIf nothing changes I would book it anyway.

Thanks for your replies.

we have an ov guarantee booked and I could pay extra for a balcony guarantee but I think they could possibly go down again and I could get the upgrade for less so that is why I am asking about a hold for a few daysIf nothing changes I would book it anyway.

If that is the case the courtesy hold will not do anything for you. Probably best just to watch prices.

Archived