help with my planned self excursion scuba girl

mbava138

I'm planning on doing my own thing in nassau since my group wants to rent scooters and I do not. my plan is to take the jitney to fort charlotte then go to the crickett club for lunch beers( hoping it is still open and walking distance apart). Is the a close safe beach or resort within walikng distance from the crickett club?

Also how often do the buses come around to take you back. Are all the stops in certain point or is it get off when you want?

And I'm assuming when i get off the ship out of the plaza I go to the right which is towards the hilton?

Do you think It will be safe by myself?

Thanks so much for answering the same questions over and over.

Are there any must do things at night we are in port till midnight?

I'm planning on doing my own thing in nassau since my group wants to rent scooters and I do not. my plan is to take the jitney to fort charlotte then go to the crickett club for lunch beers( hoping it is still open and walking distance apart). Is the a close safe beach or resort within walikng distance from the crickett club?

First off.. show this article to your friends who want to rent scooters.. they are the most dangerous thing to do in nassau. This story is not out of the ordinary.. these type of accidents occur every few days..

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/new_jersey&id=8605149

Cricket club and Fort Charlotte are a good choice. they are save and near the Fish Fry and Junkanoo beach. (just across the street ).

Also how often do the buses come around to take you back. Are all the stops in certain point or is it get off when you want?

Buses (or jitneys) come along every few mintues.. on sunday maybe 6 -10 minutes. Just cross the street to the beach side to pick it up going back to town.

And I'm assuming when i get off the ship out of the plaza I go to the right which is towards the hilton?

Yes.. go right.. around the Hilton and keep walking .. you'll see it on the left after the public beach.

Do you think It will be safe by myself? During the day time you will be fine.. after dusk.. take a cab.

Thanks so much for answering the same questions over and over.

You're welcome.. my pleasure.

Are there any must do things at night we are in port till midnight?

A few bars.. Hilton has a nice bar and jazz on tues/thrus. Via Caffe has local music on weekend. . Sharkeys on the wharf has dancing.. and there is always the old standby Senor frogs.. which is not my thing.. but many love it.

Hope this helps

Archived