Question about parking in New Orleans

Yazoo cruiser

Anyone that has sailed out of N.O. lately, can you tell me about the parking situation and what the expectation of finishing the new parking garage. We have sailed out of there several time and I have heard there are many problem with the disembarking. THANKS.

There is some interesting info in this link. The questioned parking facility will not be completed until "late 2005, early 2006". They have apparently changed the traffic flow as stated to where you cannot arrive by personal car until after 10:30a. Anyone had any experience with how this is working?:confused:

We sailed out of N.O. in January on the Sensation, and the parking wasn't necessarily that bad, it was getting your bags unloaded and that area that was so bad.... if you had anything bigger than a single cab pickup truck you had trouble getting in and out.... The parking garage wasn't that bad, the line was long, which is to be expected, and the elevator did get stuck when we got home, and about 15 people were stuck in there.... We decided to walk up 7 floors before that happened to us!

I will be going out to sea on the Sensation may 21st and i made a reservation today at Macchu Piccu tours for my parking. I will be there for 3 additional days after the cruise and the price for the whole time with all my pickups and dropoffs was $100.00. I have inserted the link to their web site

Mark

http://www.machupicchutours.com/

Archived