Question on stern cabins

lancet

HNi,

I am sure this has been discussed many times in previous posts, as it has been on Princess forum. We are booked on a transcanal cruise on the infinity. We need an accessible room for my wife; so we are in an accessible room on the stern, deck 8. In many discussions on Princess forum, vibrations and sometimes odors were a negative for a stern room. I know the positive of a fabulous view! Is there a problem on the infinity stern cabins with vibration, noise and odors? We have cruised Celebrity and Princess many, many times but never aft.

Thanks for any help on this. Again apologize for bringing up a probably well worn subject.

Lancet

The stern cabins on the M class ships are fantastic.

There is a little more motion in the aft than there would be mid ship, and you might have a little vibration when pulling into port in the morning. But the M class ships have azipods and the vibration is no where near as bad as it is on ships with older style shaft driven propellers like the Century. When we're sailing an M class ship we always try and get the aft cabins.

I have some photos of an accessible aft cabin on the Summit from several years back. The decor and TV will be different on the Infinity since its recent update but the layout, huge veranda, and accessible features should be the same. There are three such cabins in the center aft on the M class ships - one each on decks 7,8,and 9: http://simon-pics.smugmug.com/Cruises/Cruise-Ship-Rooms-and-Features/Cabin-8176-on-the-Celebrity/1402938_xj4Mmb#!i=66395110&k=NMQcW

I also have a photo of the overall aft which was taken before the recent Solstization of the M class ships, so it doesn't show the new cabins on deck 11 above the aft bar. But the view of the cabins is enlightening: http://simon-pics.smugmug.com/Cruises/Cruise-Ship-Rooms-and-Features/Aft-Cabin-View-Celebrity/2513636_Hh9Hbd#!i=132359580&k=6DX45

Thank you very much for the quick response. And thank you Lsimon for the photos. That is the cabin we booked (8176), so the photos were an immense help. Glad vibrations was not a major issue. Motion is no problem for wife and myself. Think we keep the booking.

Thanks again

Lancet

Archived