Disgusted with RCL and Rhapsody Cabin changes!

...though I am glad the cruise was salvaged somewhat. My wife and I will be sailing to Alaska on the Rhapsody in late May. This will be very special as it will be a belated honeymoon of sorts (we married in August), and also because our first cruise together was on the Rhapsody in the mid 00's when we were new sweethearts.

We are cruise veterans, and are anxious to see the difference in the Refurbed Rhapsody. Again, I am sorry it caused issues with the balcony reservations, but we are looking forward to see the face lift.

Sometime ago, I weighed in on this thread because we had discovered a cabin change from aft corner to a rather generic Jr. Suite after drydock. We were cruising from Vancouver to Honolulu and felt that we would really enjoy the corner balcony, etc. RCL seems to have taken the position that it would prefer for us to be angry rather than to phone the passengers who had reserved aft corners to see if they can put them into the "new" aft corners after drydock. While on the cruise, I reserved a Baltic cruise and another because we really like RCL. The reservation person checked to see when that ship is to be refurbished and it is scheduled to be after that cruise. I really appreciated her proactive stance. It was refreshing! During refurbishment, the C&A, library and internet lounge are abolished, and all of that space in what could have been the bump, becomes more Jr. Suites. It seems like the increased income to the line would more than offset a few phone calls and having holds on the newly numbered aft cabins, until passengers have a chance to be satisfied.

So, what do you do? Ask lots of questions and frequently check the ship layout to be sure that your cabin location is where you think it is. (If it doesn't matter, then I wonder why you are reading this thread.) :)

JANETS -

I heard the same thing happened on Navigator

I am due to sail on Brilliance 8/31 after refurbish and have an AFT and hope the same does not happen to us

Janet

Call RCL ASAP and demand that they assign you the "new" aft cabin number. They already have deck plans for the refurbished ships and you should be first in line for a cabin that you already think that you have. Best of luck!

Archived