Help Deciding Which Helicopter Tour

kodykatt

I have the following choices in Juneau:

1. Mendenhall Glacier by Helicoper and Guided Walk

2. Four Glacier Helicopter Adventure

3. Helicopter Glacier Walkabout.

In Ketchikan:

Misty Fjords Seaplane (I know its not a helicopter but it flies)

In Skagway:

Valley of the Glaciers via Helicopter

Also in Skagway the Nature & Wildlife Expedition and the Real Alaskan Wildlife Adventure sounded interesting. I prefer to get away from the crowds (if that's possible)

I can only afford 1 (maybe 2) of these and hope for info from those who have done any of these these. This is my first trip to Alaska.

Thanks and regards

I would suggest you consider booking a single glacier landing with Coastal, they are the cheapest and give an excellent personal tour out of Juneau. Then you will have more funds for other touring. I am a very firm believer on varied Alaska touring, do the most you can. Skagway isn't a "wildlife" rich area in my opinion. This tour may go to Haines?? Eagles only the sure thing, very very unpredictable on anything else.

My question is somewhat the same, except we want to do ONE really good helicopter tour. I am leaning towards the 4 Glacier tour as it seems a little different in showing the different stages & it has a longer flight time. Any help on that is appreciated.

For me two glacier landings are superior to one. :) But if a consideration- glacier trekking is just an excellent and unique experience. No need to be in really good shape. And even the two hour tour would be suitable for most anyone. Always gets raves. :) Northstar trekking.

Archived