Garden Villa Wedding

chellebells

I personally would not have an issue with it. My question is this: are the "guests" also cruisers and are they staying in other GV or are they staying in other areas of the ship? Perhaps NCL wants to make sure that the GV guests (other than your party) can also be accommodated on sailing day.

Again, just my opinion. Regardless, congratulations on your wedding and enjoy your cruise.

It will just be the six of us and we are all staying in the Garden Villa. Honestly, I am thinking it will just be the standard 15 minute ceremony and I am not planning on having a reception but rather we will just treat our parents to a nice dinner at Tepanyaki the following night. Hopefully, this will free up the chapel for a couple that would like the more traditional ceremony.

I actually got married in a GV this past September and would be happy to give you all the tricks/details to getting it done right. We were married up on the sundeck and had plenty of time to get dressed, etc...they made sure the room was ready before 10am and let some of us board early to get ready. We were able to confirm the wedding prior to the two week window and used a combination of the Wedding Experience and the ship's group coordinator to get it done. Feel free to post any specific questions or post your email address (don't post it exact - do something like email-at _domain-dot----com so spiders can't grab it and spam you)

I actually got married in a GV this past September and would be happy to give you all the tricks/details to getting it done right. We were married up on the sundeck and had plenty of time to get dressed, etc...they made sure the room was ready before 10am and let some of us board early to get ready. We were able to confirm the wedding prior to the two week window and used a combination of the Wedding Experience and the ship's group coordinator to get it done. Feel free to post any specific questions or post your email address (don't post it exact - do something like email-at _domain-dot----com so spiders can't grab it and spam you)

Keep in mind this sailing the OP is on, does not even dock until 10am.

nclcruiser2011...my new best friend! :D

mdeluca_65 at hotmail dot com

I would love any information that you may...thank you thank you thank you

Hi, this is great news. We have also requested & await approval to wed in our GV. It is awesome to know the possibility. Thanks so much for contributing info. We would also LOVE to have any tips to "getting it done right". Our email is wedding112512---AT---gmail.com.

Thanks, KCee

(And, Thanks again Michelle for connecting us to this thread.)

• 3 months later...

NCLCruiser... My wife and I just submitted our package for vow renewals for our 10th Anniversary and we also requested having the ceremony in our GV. If you could contact me / send me any of your tips and tricks to padirescu at aol dot com I would appreciate it. We want to have the ceremony on our actaul anniversary which is a port day but we leave port at noon so we should be back at sea for an afternoon ceremony just awaiting confirmation. We're also thinking about hosting a dinner / reception in the GV that evening for our guest (6 not staying with us in the GV) so any tips on arranging that would also be appreciated.

NCLCruiser... My wife and I just submitted our package for vow renewals for our 10th Anniversary and we also requested having the ceremony in our GV. If you could contact me / send me any of your tips and tricks to padirescu at aol dot com I would appreciate it. We want to have the ceremony on our actaul anniversary which is a port day but we leave port at noon so we should be back at sea for an afternoon ceremony just awaiting confirmation. We're also thinking about hosting a dinner / reception in the GV that evening for our guest (6 not staying with us in the GV) so any tips on arranging that would also be appreciated.

I have a few questions about the vow renewal. Our 5 year anniversary is in December. Can the renewal be done anytime during the cruise or only on days it's in a port? Is there an officer on the ship who can perform a vow renewal? We're on the Star about a month before the actual anniversary and never even gave this a thought until this morning. Thanks for the idea! :D

Apologies. Our email for this event is Wedding1112512...AT...yahoo (not gmail)...apologies again, and thanks again.

KCee

KCee - just wanted to offer my congrats to you!

(I see we are on the same sailing! )

I have a few questions about the vow renewal. Our 5 year anniversary is in December. Can the renewal be done anytime during the cruise or only on days it's in a port? Is there an officer on the ship who can perform a vow renewal? We're on the Star about a month before the actual anniversary and never even gave this a thought until this morning. Thanks for the idea! :D

A wedding needs an "official". And that official often will leave the ship before the ship leaves port, hence the issues.

A vow renewal does not is a personal thing, and does not require an "official", legally speaking that is. So, that can be done anywhere, anytime.

When I went on RCI Monarch we were in the waiting area and who did we see? Geraldo Rivera! He was there to attend a wedding. He did not cruise. They boarded first with all the wedding party and guests

The bride and groom in all there finery were milling about and everyone wished them well! It was very special!

Archived