Fireworks in Alaska during the Summer ?

Coadysmom

Are you from Juneau? I will be in Juneau on 7/04/05 with a group of 19 people. We arrive at noon time. Are there any festivities planned for the holiday that you would recommend? Do you know of a website that I might check out in regards to the celebrations on the 4th? Any help would be appreciated.

Anchorage does their fireworks and the night of the 3rd...Well, actually they are at midnight so it is really the 4th. There is a little darkness since we are loosing light at that time of the year to help us prepare for the great season in the great land....winter...:)

Seward's fireworks will be at midnight,Sun the 3rd. Our little town goes from 2500 pop. in winter to 50,000 for the 2nd oldest footrace in America called the Mount Marathon Race.If you don't like massive amounts of people in a small area I recommend staying away during this event!Otherwise,very festive atmosphere with food/craft booths/parade/fireworks ect and of course the race.

What ship will you be cruising with? We'll be on the Diamond Princess arriving on the 4th in Juneau.

We'll be on the Summit during the 4th of July. According to our itinerary, we'll be cruising between Ketchikan and Skagway around midnight on the 3rd (4th). So guess we'll look towards the coast and hope to see some fireworks along the way !! I wonder if there are any celebrations aboard ship ?

Archived