Any luck using Entertainment coupons?

sunsetme

I have tried to use them several times but have been told that due to the pricing I have gotten I can't use them :o They always quote what it would be with the coupon and it is more than what I am paying... so I opt for no coupon... one of these days....

We used them for our 2005 Thanksgiving Miracle cruise - sent them in MONTHS after the deposit (booked direct w/CCL) - sent the coupon in last Monday, and had a FAX waiting for me at home before the week was up (confirming $100 reduction.)

We were unable to use them for our July 3rd Miracle cruise because we booked with military rates on that one - saving us $200 EACH - so no problem there :D

Tom

We booked directly through Carnival, and were told that "I can do you even better": They gave us a "guaranteed oceanview room with upgrade eligibility" (perhaps not the correct terminology, we are virgin cruisers) for the same price as what we would have received from using the coupon. At the time, I thought that sounded like a better deal, especially with the upgrade eligibility, but now am starting to really wonder if everyone is "upgrade eligible" due to SOP of cruise lines. To answer the original question, I tried but was told the above.

(So now, should I be making inquiries and/or raising cain on redeeming the coupons also, or is the tag line "upgrade elig." give us a better chance at receiving a truly better upgrade than what others without that designation? :confused: )

I used one for our August Miracle cruise with an online agent with no problem. After booking, I had send it into Carnival.

Hi Zeke3, can you tell me what address did you use to send in the entertainment coupon directly to Carnival? I'm already booked on the Glory for September and would love to use one!

Actually, I'm also booked on the Valor for May 8th, but I'm probably too late to use a coupon for that one ;-)

Thanks in advance for your help and have a great afternoon all!

Cathy

TRY IT! What do you have to loose?! What's the worst that could happen....they don't accept it? Well, you expected that. In the chance they do accept it well then there's extra money in your pocket!

Go for it!

Hi Zeke3, can you tell me what address did you use to send in the entertainment coupon directly to Carnival? I'm already booked on the Glory for September and would love to use one!

Actually, I'm also booked on the Valor for May 8th, but I'm probably too late to use a coupon for that one ;-)

Thanks in advance for your help and have a great afternoon all!

Cathy

You would need to call Carnival directly - they can give you the address. Unless you did not book through Carnival, then they will only tell you to contact your travel agent...who MAY help you (I think it reduces the commissionable fare - thus reducing their $ directly...:eek: )

Tom

Czodda-

I don't recall the address I sent the coupon to. It might be on the back of the coupon. I booked through an on-line agent via telephone. I shopped around on prices and called back the on-line agent with the best quote. I then mentioned the Entertainment coupon and the agent got on the phone with Carnival and told me I could use it. It got me another $100 off my category 8 cabin. I know there are restrictions but it worked on my August 05 Miracle cruise with the category I wanted. Now that I think about it, I think my agent may have given me the Carnival address to send in my coupon.

I don't know if it works on a cruise already booked but it never hurts to call and ask. Good Luck to all!

Just talked with my Carnival agent and she told me to send in the coupon. I've already paid in full and on the back (in fine print) it states that the coupon should be sent in with the deposit. I sent it anyway. I hope they accept it. The address my TA gave me: Carnival Cruise Line

3655 NW 87th Street

Miami, FL 33178-2428

Attn: Research Coordinator

Good Luck! $100 is a nice savings!

Just talked with my Carnival agent and she told me to send in the coupon. I've already paid in full and on the back (in fine print) it states that the coupon should be sent in with the deposit. I sent it anyway. I hope they accept it. The address my TA gave me: Carnival Cruise Line

3655 NW 87th Street

Miami, FL 33178-2428

Attn: Research Coordinator

Good Luck! $100 is a nice savings!

Thanks for the address Mpat! I will definitely try sending it in first thing tomorrow!

Have a great evening everyone!

Cathy

We've used them a couple times...:D...but there are some fares that you can not use them with.......like our current cruise booked on the Miracle where we got a senior rate (only has to be one person over 55 in the cabin)

x

Here is where they told me to send mine (with some code - to get it to the attention of a specific section, so I am told)...

Carnival Cruise Lines

ATTENTION : RESEARCH DEPT MSRZ-250S

3655 NW 87th Ave.

Miami, Fl 33152

(like I mentioned, I received credit the same week I mailed it... of course I live in FL, so that gave me a head start...lol)

I have NEVER sent it with the deposit... I have always (perhaps 3 ?) times sent it at some point between the deposit, and prior to final payment... it does not seem to matter.

GOOD LUCK!

Tom

I tried using it last year on my Fantasy cruise. What nightmare. I sent it to my agent who sent it to Carnival. When I asked her about it she said it was denied with no good reason given. I called Carnival to ask and the person I spoke to gave me their name, etc. They told me to have my agent call back. I told my agent to call back. The person she spoke to at the same extension gave her a different name and said that the name I gave her was a fake name. Hmmm not a good feeling here. I called back and was told that my agent was a liar etc and that I could not be calling Carnival directly since I had an agent who booked my cruise. I eventually did get a supervisor on the phone and told her my tale and she gave me her extension and name and I had my travel agent call her directly. It was at that point I finally got the credit. Don't know who I spoke to originally but that was a weird issue that I dont want to deal with again.

Archived