Mosquito's

DGK

I have been reading about the mosquitos on this forum ( under a previous post ) that they tend to be increased at certain hotels. I understand we will be in a tropical area (plan on bringing lots of repellent) during our Jan. 10 night cruise and wondering do certain ports, islands or even out doors on the ship tend to have more of a problem than others? Thanks, Donna

Never had a bite on the ship. Thats the beauty - while you may be bitten on the islands at night you dont have that problem on the ship.

Only place was bitten was Radisson last year on post cruise. Friend had bite in IC but we were 8 and he said he was bitten - none of us were.

Important to use repellent during the tour in Tahiti because of Dengue.

Trail of the ancients is through brush so I would use repellent there.

Use repellent on any hiking in the Marquesas as lots of mossies there.

There are supposed to be no seeums on some islands and in certain months they can bite. Was bitten in Fiji.

All major hotels spray and fog so even at dawn and dusk I havent seen any.

If you can, buy local repellent. it works MUCH MUCH better than anything you can buy here.

I toured the interior of Tahiti and was not bitten once. It will solidify here when you bring it back by the way! I just can't remember the brand right now - will get it later.

Just got back from 13 days in FP (including 7 days on board the PG). I only got 2 bites the entire time I was there. I only used my mosquito repellant once when I did an inner island tour in Papeete. They warned us there were lots of mosquitoes within the crater and at the marae.

I did speak to a passenger on the PG. He had tons of bites all over his calves. I asked him what happened. He said he spent a few days pre-cruise at the IC Moorea and was eaten alive while sitting at the pool bar. He said he didn't feel them biting him.

We stayed at the Hilton Moorea a few days pre-cruise and did not have any problems with mosquitoes. Not sure why this gentleman had an issue at the IC Moorea. His wife got lucky; she didn't get bit at all!

Archived