*OFFICIAL* CC Group Cruise 02/15/2014 Cupid's IV Southern Caribbean - Carnival Breeze

HeidiHo

Goodness, Heidi, that's enough to make a gal go grey haired!!

Chilly here today! 35 degrees now, but I'll bet it was colder than that over night.

Renee ~ good luck with the dentist today. I had a pretty gruff, mean dentist as a kid, then the next one was nice but oh man....rough! When my kids were little, we all started going to our current dentist and he's great...very gentle. But I had a very bad experience several years ago where he could NOT get my tooth all the way numb while drilling a cavity. It was really horrible, and ever since I have been very nervous about having work done. Unfortunately, our local dentists (brothers) do not have "happy gas" in their offices. If I have to ever have a root canal or something major like that, I'm seriously thinking I'll go to Bend and have it done so I can be in La-La-Land with nitrous oxide gas. Otherwise, I think I would have an anxiety attack.

Thinking about the 9/11 tragedy today, of course. Haven't turned on the news, but I'm sure they are all talking about it. The only good thing that happened that day was that I got my Zeke dog. We were on our way over to get him, 75 miles away from us, when we heard about it on the radio...of course, they didn't know what had happened yet.

Hey Everyone!!

Was off on vacation last week over on the Oregon Coast - Salmon fishing and Crabbing.. We had a great time. Labor Day weekend is filled with all the family about 50 of us. The following week is usually about 10 of us.. I love it!!! We caught no salmon however on Saturday night we had a crab feed with about 64 crab.

We always have the TV set up so we can watch our beloved Ducks play...

Sue - OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I was happy to read most everyone is healthy and well.

Good morning, Breeze buddies!

Robin, that sounds wonderful. I remember our crab feast in Virginia Beach, oh so good.

Another long day today so I shall lurk a bit and then off to work. I will be ready to go back to my part time next week for sure. Oh and of course next Sat the 22nd off for vacation and the cruise.

Char later.

We are getting into our backpack "mode". Today we went to the food bank for our first load of food. We got 1391 pounds of food for $231.00! Where can you go and get over a half ton of food for $200 plus change??? The food bank is absolutely necessary for our program....we simply couldn't pack backpacks for 150 children without them. You know individuals cannot go to the food bank...you must be a food pantry or other organization to get food there. Indeed, they come and inspect your facility to see that it meets FDA approval before you get any food. Because of space limitations at our distribution center we have to go every week. We were very, very fortunate this week as the food bank is only at 15% capacity but we were there early enough to get a lot of food even though they had limits on some foods that we use.

Goodness, Heidi, that's enough to make a gal go grey haired!!

Chilly here today! 35 degrees now, but I'll bet it was colder than that over night.

Renee ~ good luck with the dentist today. I had a pretty gruff, mean dentist as a kid, then the next one was nice but oh man....rough! When my kids were little, we all started going to our current dentist and he's great...very gentle. But I had a very bad experience several years ago where he could NOT get my tooth all the way numb while drilling a cavity. It was really horrible, and ever since I have been very nervous about having work done. Unfortunately, our local dentists (brothers) do not have "happy gas" in their offices. If I have to ever have a root canal or something major like that, I'm seriously thinking I'll go to Bend and have it done so I can be in La-La-Land with nitrous oxide gas. Otherwise, I think I would have an anxiety attack.

Thinking about the 9/11 tragedy today, of course. Haven't turned on the news, but I'm sure they are all talking about it. The only good thing that happened that day was that I got my Zeke dog. We were on our way over to get him, 75 miles away from us, when we heard about it on the radio...of course, they didn't know what had happened yet.

Better yet Sue have them do sleep dentistry.... its amazing.... don't remember a thing....

Good morning, Breeze buddies from the tired Florida lady!

Rick that was wonderful with the food you got. We had a food drive that was sponsored by our local Bealls Store for college day and we raised over 8,000 pounds. I think it is spit amount 3 or 4 pantrys. I wish I loved closer to you as I would love to help you out.

Well shall lurk as I have the next 7-5 shift coming up today. Hope you all have a super day!:)

Hi gang,

Yesterday morning, when I was petting Zeke, I noticed a big lump on the side of his neck. For a few months now, he's been having some bloody stuff come out of his nose, the vet looked up there when it first started and couldn't find anything. I just thought it was irritated, but yesterday the vet told me he is worried about that but doesn't have the small instrument needed to go up far enough to see what's going on.

He thinks the lump is just an infection, and gave me anti-biotics for that. He says maybe that will clear up the nose too, but he's concerned. We are going to do the medicine for 10 days and then check him again. At that time, he is going to try to x-ray the nose if it's not cleared up. My other option is to take him out of town to a vet that has the small instrument needed to see up there.

I spent most of yesterday crying. Dave couldn't go with me to the vet and I was a basket case in there. The poor vet felt so bad, and he knows me well cause he's our vet for the cows and horses too....so he knows how sensitive I am anytime an animal is hurt or sick, but especially my beloved dog!

The good thing is that Zeke seems to feel fine. He's eating and drinking and has great energy..wants to play and loves our walk, etc. He's not acting any different than he ever did. So, I am going to assume that he's going to be fine and try not to worry. I do feel a little better today.

Good morning!

I have been pretty busy lately. I am off work now till Monday but I'm still going to be busy. Today I get my hair cut and highlighted then tomorrow we will be heading Normal for Family Weekend at ISU. We'll come home on Sunday. I'm looking forward to seeing Staci. We haven't seen her in about a month. Even though she worked and stayed in normal most of the summer she came home almost every weekend but once school started in mid August she has been too busy to come home.

Have a great day. :)

Sue, my heart is breaking with what you don't know. I will say a prayer for that baby of yours. Hopefully it will just be the infection and nothing else.

Here is a big hug for you all! did you feel it I kept blowing and blowing over the mountains to you, along with a kiss!

Hang in there sweetie, I am here if you need to chat.

Edited by Cathy p

Sue - I posted earlier only 4 minutes after you did so I must have been typing mine when you posted yours. I didn't want you to think I was being insensitive and ignoring your pain. I know how tough it is when our pets have problems. They are like our kids. Maybe the lump is nothing. we had a dog once that was full of lumps all over by the time she passed away but none of the l.umps were a problem and she died of natural causes at an old age. I have a cat that has a cyst of some sort that sticks out from her cheek about and inch. she's 16 years old though so I don't want to put her through surgery to have it removed and I don't think it bothers her as long as we don't touch it. She had a similar, smaller one removed a couple of years ago. It just looks weird. It's this brown crusty thing about a 1/4" in diameter and an inch long. Looks like she has a stick coming out of her cheek but I think it's harmless. Hopefully Zeke's lump will be nothing.

Good morning, Breeze buddies!

My last 7-5 day for a while I think. 1 week from tomorrow and we will be leavng for our cruise and I am just beside myself.

I hope everyone has a safe weekend. We are not doing anything but 1 craft show as i am saving my money for the cruise.

Chat later.

Cat, Heidi, Renee ~ thank you guys. Heidi, I knew we had posted at the same time, so that you probably hadn't seen my post yet. The lump is going down and he still has good energy, and his nose never dripped blood yesterday that I saw. I'm taking all that as a positive sign that maybe he does NOT have a tumor in his nose like the vet is worried about...but that it is just from the infection.

Since Zekers is doing fine, we are going to Eugene today..another game tomorrow. Dave's sis is going to give Zeke his medicine and take him for walks while we're gone.

Supposed to be another beautiful weather day in Eugene tomorrow! The game is at noon....so it may be pretty HOT at that time, but I love these sunshiny games, especially because Eugene gets a LOT of rain and it's much more fun to be at the game in dry weather!

I had a funny cruise dream last night. We were on a cruise, and at the first port we got off our ship and some friends had chartered a smaller size cruise ship (LOL...like we have any friends with THAT kind of money!!!). We decided to sail on their ship to our next port...only trouble was, once we got there, our ship wasn't going to that port!! We went to get on the Carnival ship but it was the wrong ship. Then we couldn't remember the name of our ship or what ports it was going to. Crazy.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Sounds like good news for Zeke! I'm on the way out the door to go pick up Spencer (the Shih Tzu who believes he is human) from the groomer and bring him back home so he can lay on the coach while 76 virgin dogs feed him grapes and cheeze which is his normal position. LOL

Good morning Cupids,

Sue, glad to hear that Zeke is doing well. Our pets are our children and mean allot to us. Have a great time at the game tomorrow. It's raining here and we have a chance of rain tomorrow.

Cat, don't work to hard today. I know you are getting excited about your cruise.

Rick, Spencer, what a great name for a friend.

Hope everyone gas a great day.

Dave

Good Afternoon.

Sue - I hope that an infection is all that's wrong with Zeke.

We are almost packed and ready to go to Normal for Family weekend. We will take the dog with us. We stay at a dog friendly hotel and she just loves family weekend because she gets so much attention from everyone, especially the sorority girls. The weather is supposed to be good all weekend. Highs of 75-80 degrees.

Have a great weekend. I may check in here because I'll bring my computer.

Sue, Yea!!!! I glad that Zeke is getting better. GO DUCKS!! My Michigan plays at 8 tonight. At least I am off tomorrow and can watch it.

Dave, thanks and yes I am so excited about that cruise. I just made a list of our Roll Call peeps and we have 29 that we are meeting.

Heidi, enjoy the weekend trip and be safe.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

We did not have the opportunity to name Spencer since we got him at age 3. He had been a stud for the breeder (or so Spencer claims). We believe that he is either an extremely smart animal or possibly an Alien from another planet in disquise. Some examples.....when asked he will pick up his toys and return them to the toy basket in the living room. When we are eating snacks in the living room he will climb up into our laps, get in our faces, and say something like "whatcha doin" but if we utter the word "patience" he simply lays down in our lap and waits for his turn at a snack. He has given me a look more than once that says "you may think you are the master but you are definitely the only one here picking up my poop."

Hi Cupid's!!!

We are enjoying the nice cooler weather we have been having. Our state fair started last Thursday. The joke is "The fair is here and it will rain." Of course we got rain Thur and Fri and much cooler temps. Today has been overcast, but no rain.

I am off work next week. No plans, but I need to use up some vacation time. We can only carry over 200 hours at the end of the year. I have just over 300 hours now. I still get more hours added on every 2 weeks. I also have a 2 week vacation scheduled in October for our cruise out of Galveston and some extra time in Galveston. But will probably still lose some vacation at the end of the year. It is hard to be off in Nov and Dec - one of our busiest times.

Hope everyone's weekend is good!

Good evening Cupids,

It's cool and wet here and more rain is over the horizon. Sorry about some of my spelling errors lately. Typing on the iPhone is not that easy and I'm prone to making a few errors.

Kathy, enjoy you week off. We are allowed to carrie over 400 hours but once it reaches that limit then you need to use some hours off. If I don't use mine, I get paid but the salary guys will just loose theirs. Guess that is one bonus for being a grunt.:D

Heidi, have a great time at Family Weekend.

Sue, hope the Ducks win, our Frogs did. Next weekend is TCU vs UVA.

Rick, you may be right. Just be sure to look out for the MLB, esp that little flashy thing that removes memories.:D:eek:

Dave

Ahhhhh a nice quiet Sunday. I start the morning off by lectoring at Mass this am. and then we go inspect a couple of houses for snowbirds who are still up North. (One couple, only use their house approximately 6 weeks a year. The rest of the time it is empty but we swing by after Church to check for leaks and run the ceiling fans for a few minutes to "freshen" the air and then go about our own business.) For this "service" they insist on paying us $50.00 a month which goes immediately into the cruise fund. If we have no storms tonight I may grill some steaks outside otherwise it's just going to be read the Kindle, read the Kindle , and possibly, read the Kindle some more!